Feedback on Balance after patch

Quick comment and feedback after patch also regarding my recent balance discussion post https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/balance-discussion-2-class-identities/69057:

Finally shaman and warlock are addressed and meta feels so much better now. If meta is too fast in general, thats another story, but at least everything is kind of at the same powerlevel now and not super busted as it was before (at least that is what it feels like and thats important). (I personally still don’t like the design of mage and warlock questline and the excessive mana cheat in general, but overall things feel way better than they have before)

Honestly in my opinion this is what expansion should have looked like at release in the first place. It took more than a month to patch the super busted stuff, when all this (besides brutes) was recognized by players 24h into the expansion already.

Just as feedback, for me as a player it feels terrible, that I had to wait over a month to get - basically - hotfixes that should have been made 24h into the expansion. It feels like there wasnt any playtesting beforehand and I hope that is something that will be improved in the future.

Thank you

On a sidenote, Warlock quest I feel is ‘fair’ now. Still beats control, but is weaker in general. I am not sure though, if Handlock without questline is still viable. Handlock really shouldnt be questline dependent, but still meta viable. So Handlock might need some buffs now, in case it is not viable anymore. However questline should only go into Fatiguelock not Handlock and I think this issue is finally fixed.

2 Likes

Got to be careful going for buffs since while it may make one deck more viable. It can also open the gateway for other decks that were not intended to use that card to utilize it better than the deck that needed it originally.

If it’s not 100% viable, it might be put on the backburner till next expansion to receive more support. Since the theme will stay in Standard going into 2022.

1 Like

Well-nerded. Good read.

The changes blizzard make is plain stupid, wild was given the name for a reason, not to ban the damn cards, they could have simply nerfed the cards instead of removing them, looking at every other class…why do they have fun and insane cards n quests? Why don’t they ban them aswell???

2 Likes

I dont play wild, so my feedback was meant for standard only.

However, I totally agree that it would be nice if they balanced wild seperately and don’t just ban cards (lazy attempt). I mean they were pretty clear, that they dont care about wild, but I feel there is enough wild players and therefore it would be justified to care more. I dont think they really have a seperate team working on wild which would probably be needed if they wanted to make wild a more ‘balanced’ mode.

Tbh, they just need to re-do standard,classic, wild n casual, and make litterly wild where all cards are as it’s original form and not have so much competetive in it, there should be a main server to play on the most balanced one…say standard, where all the best rewards are given in. By making so many different choices it devide the player base, and less decks are played too

I agree that ranking system for wild is kind of counterproductive. A mode where you basically allow all cards without balancing, that is meant to be a place to play around with nostalgic stuff, well if you have a ranking system there, you force people to play the most broken stuff excessively and thats not what the mode is for and makes it not enjoyable and a bad experience for most players.

2 Likes

Good nerfs? Where are the Mage nerfs? Rogue Nerfs? Important Shaman nerfs? The only thing i can see is stupidly rdm bs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you want a solved low powerlevel meta, there is classic available.

I agree the mage questline is very bad designed and it feels bad to play against it. However Shaman and Rogue are powerful but not oppressive. Warlock was a different thing, because it had no weakness and was too well arounded (it destroyed the whole warrior class and prevented slower strategies completely from seeing any play on ladder). I don’t see any deck now that is even close to the powerlevel warlocks had been.

Dont get me wrong, there is strong archetypes and mage quest design is bad, but all that you can beat and there is enough counter strategies available. I really dont see a problem that we have a strong fast meta. In 1k legend on EU decks like Big Warrior have very good winrates now and games can go more than 10 turns.

So I dont know what you want meta to look like? Even if you nerf everything there will still be a meta. What would be the point that you are happy?

You remember the Tournament where in Turn 2 or 3?! The Game was over and even the
commentator doesnt know what to say? Do you remember? That was INSANE! And now? We have just Haste more Haste and even MORE haste Games with Overtuned Cards. There is no need to nerf the Turn 4-6 Rogue? No need to nerf the Shaman who burst u down like Hellfire?? Mage? Should never go live how it is. Thats a Fact.

But heck yeah we just putt on our Pink Glases and argueing…“there are counters Bro”…yeah how many you hornestly countered it out of 10 matches 1? Or 2? Yeah take a look an Numbers before talking about Counter

/edit

A good example is GGG (Grinding Gear Games) with Path of Exile…last 10 league where…lets go fast no wait FASTER nononon bro i mean FASTER! and now the actual league they nerfed the whole Speed of the whole Game u ask why? Because it is to much at a sertant point. In HS we allready overun it

Maybe you overlooked that? I am very aware of that and I mentioned it. Thats a design philosophy if combo decks should exist or not and how fast combos should be. That wasnt the point I wanted to make with my feedback. My point was, that inside the fast meta (have to be said though, turn wise it is not faster at all… thats more a feeling we have, because losing to combo decks gives us the impression that we had no chance and werent able to play the game at all) we have, things feel way better now than before, because archetypes are more even in powerlevel and there is better balance finally. Compared to other expansions, sure, powercreep is insane, but that was not the point of my post.

1 Like

As far as Battlegrounds goes the patch did nothing at all. The mode is still all about the frogs and getting the luck of the draw. They have killed the skill and it’s all luck now.

Absolutely lazy.

I mean what’s stopping them from commissioning new artwork and coming up with a new name for dozens of cards that they could be changing right now!

Why did they ban the Demon Seed instead of changing it to the Demon Pit? Right?

It’s like when they were doing the Hall of Fame, banning all those cards from Standard. How lazy was that!? And year after year Ben Brode kept removing cards. Dude had no plan whatsoever, so of course the new devs had to can the Classic set after Ben Brode turned it into a pile of garbage.

This game is horrible, are they trying to make us all uninstall the game?!?! Every patch, every update it just get worse and worse.

I need to go to a HSA meeting and kick this game.

Yes and no. Sure there is a new team and its not 2014 anymore. Of course things could be better… Still no tournament mode and huge lack of playtesting beforehand. So yes I agree not everything is perfect, but I have to say overall I like the expansion. I am having fun playing the game especially now after the patch. Also they are mixing it up more often recently and they do listen to the community, so we get to see balance changes, even if they could/should happen faster sometimes.

I mean if you like Herthstone or not is personal taste and nobody forces you to play it if you don’t like it. So you can just play other games. I like the game in general and that is why I give feedback here, what I’d like to see improved and what bothers me. If I wouldn’t enjoy the game, I wouldn’t bother with feedback, but just stop playing.

2 Likes

Why are you quoting me?

I think you need to read my whole post. Maybe twice. Because you absolutely took me out of total context.

Think about what I am saying. If they create a new card with a different name and effect, isn’t that the same as banning the card in the first place?

And if it is, isn’t it still banning the card in the first place if they didn’t change the name and art but had a completely different effect?

This game is dying. Believe it or Not. The New mode should replace the old Hearthstone…i would bet my a** for it

1 Like

I used to give proper feedback on my experiences but that fell on deaf ears. Don’t get me wrong I know I can stop playing and just walk from a game that is as broken as this game but it just gets me pissed that this once great company that cared about its games, that they would take the extra time to make the game that which better because they knew it was the right thing to do. That giving their players a game that was truly good and design with the best experience in mind and now they just do the very least to make their money. It just pisses me off and I know they don’t give a s#$t about what we say or write here in the forums I am still going to post it for the chance that one of them actually reads these.

That would require a GOOD design&dev group. Cant have that at Blizz…