Faithful Companions...does it summon or discover?

It says discover a card in your deck, then summon it. In a recent game, i played it turn 8, for a King Krush. I played the second Faithful Companions in my hand on turn 9 for what i expected to be another king krush, (FTW), instead the remaining two beasts only were available for discovery, and i lost the match. So im confused a little, does not the discovery key word imply that you are getting a free card? King Krush was still in my deck since the only play of it was from the previous turns Faithful Companions. It was never in my hand officially. What gives here? Thanks in advance.

the base effect says “discover and summon it”, not “discover and summon a copy of it”, its basically doing the “same thing” as yshaarj

huh…ok…so why doesnt it just say summon a beast from your deck? Whats the point of “discovering” it? Make it make sense.

Not intrinsically.

All discover means is you get multiple choices to choose from. Some cards generate free cards, some cards let you discover from your deck. If your deck or hand is mentioned (without a word like “copy”), it’s not free.

Your King krush was taken from your deck and directly summoned on the field. Hence why you didn’t get it in your second faithful companions. It was already removed from your deck.

Because if it just summoned a beast from your deck, it’d be random rather than your choice from 3 options.

Another stupid card to delete (cheat on mana) + the stupid mechanical charge + copy (how can you have 2 named at the same time > impossible as if a machine creates 2 joe biden from itself), from memory blizzard had said that the charge was very stupid and he had promised not to make this mistake again (promise not kept since he created a card that plays with this stupid mechanic worse even he created a deathrattle which also has a charge, big liars at blizzard).