Emotes The Most Useless Feature

They are without a doubt the most useless feature of this game. I can only think of one possible use for them and that’s the stroke the ego of weird players. Why don’t they get rid of them or give players who don’t use them an automute option. It’s annoying streaming a movie and your opponent is having a good ole time emoting away in the background.

1 Like

If you are watching a movie then why don’t you just mute the game?

3 Likes

I want to make sure I hear rope just in case I get too much into the movie. I tend to flip back and forth the screen but occasionally I forget I’m playing the game altogether. That’s why an automute feature would be so ideal.

1 Like

Emotes are the only thing that make the game feel like it’s not single player

1 Like

Can’t you just lower Dialogue volume to 0 (while keeping Sound volume up) to not hear the emotes but hear the rope
?

There is an autosquelch plugin apparently for HSReplay.

1 Like

I agree that emotes are almost entirely useless, but only because there are so many new skins that I have no idea what my opponent is even trying to say most of the time.

Every line is so ambiguous. Was it a hello? Were they trying to threaten me? Or was it a well played? I’ll never know unless I Google the emotes for each skin I face.

Also, some emotes just feel bad to use, like those of Dreadlich Tamsin. If I want to tell someone well played, I’m going to mean it in a respectful way, but Tamsin has to call everyone a “cretin”.

why do you have HS volume up while you watch a movie ?

Why don’t you squelch like a normal human instead of waste ten minutes complaining on the forums?

1 Like

Because autosquelch should be a standard feature. I shouldn’t have to remember to squelch before each and every game…do you have to choose your card back, or skin each and every game?

not everyone loses his mind to silent speech baloons

1 Like