Duo Quilboars so OP, why weren't they hit?

There’s literally nothing you can do against them if they get ahead. Good luck getting 6 Leeroy.

1 Like

Its qb in general. Every comp is easier to get in duos because there is 2 shops to buy.
M

Yeah, Quilboar are kings of scaling and end game. I don’t know how any other tribe can beat them.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever beat them without pure luck (they were insanely low on hp, likely from only trying to get to QB), and that was only before they got completely going. Once they get going, there s nothing you can do but hope for second place. This was a problem right on release, and now that I’m in 6k, it is even worse as everyone just tries to high-roll them. My question is simple: why wasn’t this addressed? They already did reworks…

1 Like

I’ve beaten them with a few different comps but it requires finding so very specific minions earlier. I am not very excited about this seasons tribes because they 100% encourage plowing to tier 6 ASAP.

2 Likes

Late game? 1v1 I can with luck, but DUOS? That’s some really specific comp and luck, while they just get to face roll. It is such a defeated feeling when you think you are doing alright, destroying their partner, then a board of all 300+ shows up on like turn 8.

Just looked up stats on HSReplay in BGs.

If the game goes to 12 turns or more (which it almost always does if you are in the final 4), nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing comes close to Quilboar.

As soon as turn 12 hits, the top 5 win rate minions are all Quilboar build minions.

Drakkari Enchanter is pretty much the backbone and causes all the insane scaling.

Close to 6k yet? Having fun? I haven’t had any since hitting 6k. Went back to solo.

I literally had (in duos) a board with my strongest minion being 2.5k/2k upon ENTERING battle, and all other minions being around 2k/1.5k. It’s absurd.

I literally can’t make any progress in Duos. The combination of troll allies and everyone rushing for Quillboars makes it impossible. You get a first or second place win immediately taken away by a 3rd or 4th.

1 Like

Not yet, friend. I’m currently doing duos with another friend and getting him up to my MMR. Still closer to 5k. We’ll get 6k eventually, it’s just a bit of a slower climb since you can’t just solo grind (or choose only to do it with a friend).

1 Like

Just got a full QB board in solo when at 6 HP. Nothing anyone could do. Face rolled to first. Even in solo, I sigh every time I see that tribe in pool., but at least in solo I know I have a very good chance of getting top 4.

Well, good luck in duos. Make sure to report back when you see the 6k experience.

1 Like

my teamate tripled my battlecry play blood gems on all friendly minions today, i was not happy

i was playing jandice

Yeah, it’s annoying when your partner messes your plans up with a triple, but I don’t think that’s intentional–just incompetence.

1 Like

Me neither. Besides QBs, I can’t quite place it. Just not a fan of the current meta.

It’s basically demons or quilboars. Demons can keep up with scaling if you can take out their divine shields with an aoe. Or golden one of the tier 6 stealth guys. But it’s way harder since the demon scaling is more luck dependent.

2 Likes

I’d say mechs are about getting upgrades to the tavern, but you rely on the elemental/demon card to go with it early to be really impactful, so not sure if that counts…

Dragons are one of the few tribes that can keep scaling with Quillboars till they hit tier 6 but you need to hit everything you need in tier 3 pretty much on curve.

Quillboars need to have more pieces from the early tiers be relevant instead of just getting an Enchanter, Roogug, Pokey, Pokey, Charlga, Charlga, Random taunt. Collect win.

Mechs probably need more adjusting since you can sit in tier 3 and win lobbies as well.

I actually managed to keep up with a QB player yesterday with Nagas believe it or not. If I’d found an enchanter and tripled it, I would have been close to beating them.

QBs just have a lot of ways to buff itself (implying the whole board) multiple times between the buy phase and the following combat. Somewhere in there is where QBs need an adjustment imo.

1 Like

If QB gets its parts at even a normal pace and a Sword Collector, I think it literally can’t lose.

The biggest issue, as far as I can tell, is that QB are the only tribe that can buff their board during combat and retain every single buff because bloodgems scale much better than other “combat permanent” stuff like undead and beasts… (aside from the 1 off dragon). This is part of the problem.

Quilboar are scaling both in and out of combat. No other tribe is able to do this. And on top of this, scaling in combat also grants divine shields for some minions.

So, Undead might buff their board and attack by a few attack and health each combat, Beasts might do a few +1+1 here and there, but QB are doing it on a massive scale.

This is the underlying issue as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

It’s also just highly consistent in terms of you’re always building towards the same thing. With other tribes it is a gamble which way you go and pivoting too late screws you, but you can’t get first without the specific type of board. Getting/pumping blood gems is never a bad thing either, so you can always build towards them.

Yeah, you’re right, but there are even more factors as to why they are so good.