Dual topic: theory-craft forum / combo theme

can we get a forum created specifically for discussing theory crafted stuff? there is a huge difference between the more creative type posts versus concerns/complaints and those seem to be the two biggest sub-genres within this forum … it would be nice to delineate between the two sets of posts

i thought of the above idea to request while thinking about rogue’s “combo” mechanic, and how, while it still exists, it has kind of dropped off as a serious theme of the class … i say this because i’m realizing how generally weak it is, though surprisingly not ridiculously so, as i have managed to snag a few wins at plat 10 in wild with a basically 30 (26?) combo card rogue deck … this is of course, to finally reach the 2k combo effects achievement which will just about complete all of my rogue achievements … i am not having a lot of trouble hanging in the games until turn 8-10 even if i don’t win (which atm isn’t really my goal, just to maximize the number of combo effects triggered per game to complete the achievement) and am able to proc a fairly significant number of combos per game … i will probably finish the last 150 procs within the hour

in any case, all that is basically just the prologue to some ideas i had to make some more interesting combo synergy, and in particular i thought of a card that would be able to be like a min-vanish effect that would bounce both adjacent friendly minions back to your hand but also opposing enemy minions back to the enemy hand … so it would be a very positional card, and could also give the benefit/drawback of reducing the cost of the minions bounced by 2 … i like the idea of something like this because it gives you a lot of tactical positional play and many options to making something like this useful … do you want to bounce 2 or just 1 of your own card, do you want to bounce two or just 1 of your opponent’s cards … i’m not sure how expensive to make something like this, but if kidnapper is a 6, this might be a legendary 7 combo card … another combo card i thought would be interesting is one that as it’s combo effect essentially continues the combo chain into the next turn (perhaps keyword “juggle”? perhaps this is too similar too finale =/) … so essentially turning the first combo card of the next turn into a battlecry but without brann support … i thought of this due to cards like the kobold lackey generator since it is sort of a similar effect by generating the one thing needed to continue the combo effects … another idea i had is some kind of quest that generates the effect of “combo activation aura” that basically just enables all combo effects for the rest of the game, maybe a questline or hero card … and then finally a “double combo” effect where there is a secondary and/or stronger effect if you play two cards before the combo effect triggers … maybe you can pick a 2nd target or something since now we are getting cards that can target more than once

in any case, i know none of these ideas are ultra specific (nor necessarily beholden to the combo idea per se) but i thought maybe these were some considerations to make for some more interesting combo effects moving forward … also, it would be funny to see rogue’s first ever taunt (it can be dual class for plausible deniability purposes XD) be produced by a combo effect since rogue is the only class with no taunts and combos have been a relatively under-supported class feature imo