Druid feels over-tuned to play against

Early game ramp, mid game tempo, late game bombs, great card draw. What is supposed to be druids weakness again?

Three ways on 3 mana to ramp, one of which raises the mana cap. Able to spend 8-12 mana turn 3/4. Titan with full heal/refresh/draw a full hand. 30+ burst from an empty board.

What are you supposed to do other than hope the Druid draws poorly.

Don’t forget the access to insane spell damage and Mage nukes!
And the nukes from gemtosser for like 3 mana do 17 damage…
More Mana, more nukes, more Armor and healing, steal your mana with Doomkin
Just Bow to your Overlords!

It had a massive nerf 24 hours ago. It’s not going to see much play by the best players and the rest will follow. No it’s not a small nerf.

Your issue is you’re looking at it from “what if” instead of “what IS.”

It’s not a marvel superhero/villain where you just have to find the kryptonite and suddenly you’ll 100% winrate against them. It’s a situation where you evaluate the meta for your bracket and adjust accordingly.

What are the most common druid deck TYPES that you’ve faced in the last 7 days? Have you even HAD 20% or more of your last 7 days’ worth of games be against Druids? What decks beat THOSE specific druids, and can you reasonably use/pilot any of those? And would you even WANT to knowing that you might increase your odds 1 out of 5 games, but for another two or THREE out of five, you get WORSE, statistically speaking?

That’s the way to look at it.

I faced a Druid with 10 mana crystals on turn 2, and Eonar Draw 10 on turn 3.

I faced a Druid with 3800 armor and infinite jade idol shuffles along with making everyone draw 5 cards per turn.

So yeah they might be kinda over tuned

2 Likes

so… you lost to a meme deck

What is a meme deck?

Same advice for you as for that other guy.

Druids ARE overtuned. We have way more options than most other classes and about the only one I can think of that wouldn’t fastrack to Legend would be Hero Power.

That being said, we don’t have googly eyes. You’re not facing EVERY druid EVERYWHERE all at once. You’re facing the most popular meta types for your bracket, and that’s how you beat them. By analyzing the meta and piloting the appropriate counter to the most prominent type.

1 Like

Stop your lies Carn it seems you love lying to everyone.

Opinions can’t be lies (only wrong). And I was more less right. E.g. the default meta page of hsguru right now: 13 archetypes above tempo druid; in the highest ranks their win rate does not go above ~50% much; the top players are not playing for a zero sum game for long.