Download of Patch 26.2

Dear Developers,

I wanted to use my free evening to play some hearthstone. And now I see, that I have to download 9 GB for the new patch? 9 GB? And all of this just because of Battlegrounds?

Please just create a separate game for Hearthstone and Battlegrounds so I do not have to download this for hours for a mode I do not even play.

11 Likes

Totally agree… I never play Battlegrounds and have to download a huuuuuuuuuuge amount of data for a completely different gamemode… It makes me think if I not just should deinstall all the Blizzard stuff instead!!

Its insane and ridiculous dear Developers…

Thank you for fixing

3 Likes

Seems like the big update is needed to replace all files after “updating” the engine , so is not cause by bg content.

Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
[General] Hearthstone has upgraded to a more recent Unity version. Minimum spec requirements to play Hearthstone now require at least iOS 12/Mac 10.14.

5 Likes

eeeeeeeh i dont think they use Unity just for BG

I share the sentiment to get this Battlegrounds out of my Hearthstone! As others have said, the large update is likely due to the engine update though.

2 Likes

updating the engine is one thing, the rest is BG s**t.
Seriously take Battlegrounds to be a seperate game out of Hearthstone.
Many people don’t care about BG’s, that includes me.

2 Likes

100% agree, hoped on to play a game while on a coffe break and saw 3.2gb mobile update bcs of a bulls*it i dont even play…

2 Likes

Agree. I’ve never played a battleground. They can’t even balance standard. What chance does any other mode have?

1 Like

im pretty sure it was for something you play
they changed the engine so that means all files had to be updated