Don't understand how to play Mercenaries

I’ve kind of been playing intuitively, but I don’t know what the numbers at the bottom of the cards mean. Like 1 on the left bottom side of the card and 13 on the right bottom. What do those numbers mean?

I was just trying to pit my higher numbers against enemy numbers. I watched a guide on how to play and it didn’t address my questions.

Should I be looking at guides on how to play regular Hearthstone?

The number on the left is the attack value. It will do that amount of damage when it attacks and will also do that amount of damage to whatever attacks it. Some other abilities that do damage may base the damage they do on this figure; the damaging ability will state how to calculate the damage it does. The number on the right is the merc’s health; damage done to the merc is subtracted from this figure. When it reaches zero or lower, the merc dies.

1 Like

I have a video guide on Mercenaries where I (briefly) explain the numbers as Attack and Health:

At around 2:15

Knowing other Hearthstone modes does help. Any other Hearthstone mode (Battlegrounds, regular Hearthstone, Arena etc) has the same Attack and Health concept on their minions.

The number on the left is used when you Attack a Merc or Minion (the skill you use specifically uses the word “Attack”, bolded). The number on the right is that Merc’s health, if that drops to 0, the Merc will die and be unusable until the end of that Bounty.

It depends on the map, whether you get a “Spirit Healer” which gives you a minion back.
Don’t forget to keep upgrading your minions when they get enough coins.