Does wind affect your wifi connection

Abit off topic i was just curious if it is very windy outside like when you can hear the wind. can it cause your internet just go off mine completly went out for id say for 3 minutes then came back on i was so close to new rank too came at such a bad time XD.

1 Like

I think it depends on your provider. I know mine sucks. When it rains, my internet goes down. A few days ago, I was in number four in a battleground, had strong minions and connection lost. I was down for like 5 hours. :confounded:

1 Like

That sounds rough mine was of for like i said 3 mins but man i was abit annoyed i have realtivly fast speeds but the wind outsite is very strong i think im not sure there was a warning on the news for it.

1 Like

Do you have a 100 foot mast that transmits your wifi to a base station 1k away?

Possibly. A friend has that, but he lives on a farm 200k or so from the nearest city, again if the wifi receiver is up in the air, its possible there is some movement that causes intermittent problems

If it’s just a wifi link to the next room. I doubt it very much.

I liked it the most when I was on a Win match and getting DC because an update went live. When that happened I tried to connect back by smart phone asap because the updates are late on Android always. xD Thats how I managed to win the match really. After 3rd time this happened, I turned off the autoupdate feature… so it is not forcing me to update rightaway. I can finish the current match and update only after that. As an IT professional I can say that, Wifi is effected by many things… not just the weather, but a lot of other things too. Thickness and material of the walls, the distance from you and the Acces Point, devices which are using RF signals, and it is not connected directly to the wifi… but how many ppl are try to use the same internet connection together on the same network… because the data speed is shared between every devices which are want to use it and have access…