Does this happen to anyone else?

Does anyone else find a new deck that is either off the net or you make yourself and at first you just stomp everyone (like 6 out of 8 games) and then from there it’s lucky if you’re breaking even? Like literally made an astral automaton deck that just owned at first and then in the past week have hit 2 spots where I couldn’t win a game to save my life.

2 Likes

You may search for a guy, first name Al…last name gorythim.

I’m not saying you should search that name in connection with the company who made heathstone…but you might be surprised at what you find if you did.

3 Likes

Yea, it’s Blizzards way of saying, pay us…pay us…pay us…

5 Likes

The matchmaking system matches you with someone who will help bring you closer to 50% win rate. If you’re winning a lot, you’ll be matched with someone/some deck that will get the right draws as you get the wrong ones, and you’ll lose. That’s simply how the algorithm works. Just gotta accept it and realize when it’s doing its thing and move on.

1 Like

So much BS and misinformation in this thread already.

It’s funny because on one hand people say “as soon as I change decks, I’m matched against my counter”.

Others say

“The game makes me win 6/7 games and then I start losing”.

You know what this points to? Randomness.

The only thing that changes as you win is your MMR which will match you against appropriate MMR players, nothing to do with your deck or theirs.