Do you add friend to complain about misplays?

I can’t restrain myself from adding my opponent and give him an earful about how bad he played. Some people actually really bad even though they are near legend (rank 1-2): wrong order, dreadful positioning, stupid stupid trade (while they should go face)…

It’s really get on my nerve to see misplays, that my 5-year-old cousin won’t ever make, was played by a much older player. Honestly, if people can’t make basic move correctly then they should stay away from rank. Their existence makes us look bad.

You do understand that critiquing someone, regardless of intent, is unlikely to yield a positive response? I’m not telling you to stop, but I think you should be aware that you may get an unwanted response, especially since in this game someone friending you is likely to result in negative toxicity, usually.

1 Like

No. I usually just shout at my phone in consternation and get weird looks from bystanders.

1 Like

I try to worry only about my enjoyment. But apparently some people take great joy in being a dbag so to each their own.

9 Likes

And this is why I usually reject friend requests after games.

9 Likes

A “That’s not right!” spam after every misplay does the trick for me

I do, especially if he wins due to luck and end up saying ‘‘well played’’

Nothing more tilting than that.

1 Like

No I wouldn’t, because that would be a sign of antisocial personality disorder, and also a very unsporting thing to do.

8 Likes

I am pretty sure playing hearthstone is a sign of antisocial personality disorder

6 Likes

Maybe they just wanted to give you a chance?

1 Like

I add them when I beat them to offer letter of recommendations for a refund on all those bright shiny cards they wasted

That is a bit of a stretch.
Don’t go around evaluating the psychological characteristics of random people on the internet based on a quite common reaction.
The Tilt is a thing, ya know?

You think adding people to critique their play is quite common?

When you are omega ultra tilted?
Yes.

Psychology is a young science, for sure.
But ASPD and its signs need to be evaluated by people with academic competence and/or alot of experience in these areas.

I will need a source on that. Seriously. I have been playing this game since release and have never once had a person add me for that. Ever.

It has happened to me quite often.
Especially in Wild.
Now stop quoting only parts of the reply.

People acting as if they are capable of psychoanalysis, if they do not work in that area professionally, or are not trained in it due to long-term influences of different manners, is insulting to the science and profession.

So something you have never really tracked is enough empircal data to say it is common. Interesting take on your ego champ.

trust me on this. I will post how I want.

1 Like

That’s really pathetic.

1 Like

Apparently it is.

It’s never happened to me though, because I play well.

Once I was playing at rank 5 wild, the guy added me after I beat him, I think he wanted to rage but he saw I was Legend in standard so he just said ‘‘you are very stupid’’ because I emoted Oops after his misplay and deleted me.

1 Like

Aight.
So reactions of frustration caused by a card game based on both skill and luck.
That is enough to make statements about the psyche of individuals.
Golly Gee Willikers.

It happens.
How often is a different story.
Though assuming that it is extremely rare is insincere, considering both the average forum goer’s response and especially the nature of this game.