Do you actually keep new players?

I made a classic shaman deck to crush a quest.

It was ugly. Do you match newbies differently? Because you’re not going to keep any if it’s like this.

As a matter of fact, HOW do you pair people? I’ve been having this losing streak. Whatever rule they use to match me does not involve a fair match.

4 Likes

Every player has a (hidden) MMR score. Or actually more, one per game mode. (*except Arena).
The MMR increases on a win and decreases on a loss, and the amount it increases or decreases partially depends on the MMR difference between you and the opponent.

When finding a match, then in most game modes the game tries to find an opponent of roughly equal MMR. However, when playing ranked and no longer qualifying for bonus stars, it instead looks for an opponent on roughly the same rank.
And in Arena, the game tries to find an opponent at roughly the same number of wins and losses.

There’s a certain point a new player will hit the wall made of old players using new/powerful cards. That’s when they either buy into the game or just quit altogether.

I knew a player that used to lose dozens of matches on purpose just so he could farm his gold easily. I don’t know if they changed that, but it’s absurd if this still is a thing.

2 Likes

I recycle my wild rotations, dust it all. Then with farming regularly enough, i have a good start at the new sets, and i finish the rares a bit into it.

But it’s not fun.

I mean i keep logging on to do the dailies, it’s like a habit. Sometimes i’ll logon, Q a match and just concede because i don’t actually want to play.

Blizzards MMR score is a flipping joke when you lose 10 games in a row and no win in site.

This explains why I have been having the easiest time in platinum, I didn’t play much last month and I dropped my star bonus. The people I played against in gold just seemed horrendously hard, even though with star bonus you don’t even need 50% win rate.

pathetic but true.
everyone can be a legend in hearthstone just by grinding it out.
sad fact

I still think legend is pretty hard in f2p. I’m rarely ever playing the most optimized deck. I could be from time to time, but i’d only have the dust to partially sustain. Players do get pretty decent around diamond level and you’ll never play against anyone who’s deck is worse than yours. People talk about it like it is the easiest thing ever to grind, but then why is legend roughly <1% of the hearthstone population. Also when you climb platinum to diamond it gives the illusion that it is easy, I’ve hit diamond 1 like 10 times and it is a chore every time.

blizz can never keep new players. not with the faster obsolescence their cards are gettting.

1 Like

You need to concede maybe twenty games. You are halfway there.

ignore this thread reply please

Bit late to the party m8.

realize that now. Need more coffee.

sorry

1 Like