Do we even matter?

I’m getting sorely apathetic with this game, or rather, Team 5’s attitude towards the community.

I can understand not wanting to engage directly with the rage and trolling, but that’s leagues apart from their current (and usual) attitude.

They ignore us, belittle us, lie to us and even have the gall to be paternalistic.

To whoever has the curse of being the CM this month ('cause i’m not sure what even is the turnover rate on that role), I’m sorry you have to put up with the pressure on both ends, and I hope whoever tells you what to do gets a better picture of the situation.

I seriously believe that the ‘community’ engagement the promise they are trying to build is just an afterthough, that WE are an afterthough. How many times did they promise to be more engaging with us, more transparent?

P.S.: this is a rant.

yes, they ignore us so much they even answered community questions on twitter the other day

2 Likes

That felt anecdotal, very few get to notice and ask, and even fewer get answered.
It wasn’t even via the official channels they have for this.
Ultimately yes, you’re right.

I personally see nothing but rage and trolling on this forum so what are you actually talking about…?

Compared to other games, in and out of Blizzard, they are pretty silent, in general. Not just to answer things but also to announce them (tournaments, community, AMAs, etc.).

Lately, when something important is told, is not through official channels, but personal accounts. Communication is not working.

Oops, i meant this forum and other media (reddt, twtter, etc.). I should be less cynical and more clear :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Blizzard are extremely poor with how they manage their community, that’s a fact. I’m a massive advocate for HS in general and stuck up for Blizz during the whole battlepass-gate thing but don’t act like they’re anywhere near the level of most good studios in terms of an open, honest, candid and frequent approach to comms with their their player base.

Edit: I’ve said this loads on these forums but I actually have more insight than most on games studios and how they operate, I’ve been a headhunter for 12 years, 5 in the games industry, I know which studios treat their player-base and more importantly their staff well, Blizzard doesn’t. Activision as a sole company pay better and treat their staff better than Blizzard yet everyone always seems to blame Acti for Blizzards issues.

Blizzard have always preyed on the fact that their playerbase loves their games and devs, designers, artists and studio leads, directors, CM’s and everyone else in the industry loves the Blizzard name. Blizzard has one of the worst working conditions in the entire industry and that naturally moves down the ladder to the community, I’ve never seen a studio before where people in typically extremely well paid positions have to share houses with other staff members just to survive.

That’s not even mentioning the two recent purges they’ve had worldwide of anyone who isn’t seen as integral to game design and development, if you work for blizzard as PR, Marketing, QA or CM, your job will never be safe.

2 Likes

good thing they use twitter to answer questions instead of the place made for that purpose. drop the last 3 letters from twitter and you get the type of people that use that site

smtimes feels like it . . .

“They use twitter” “They use reddit” “They use discord/linkedin/chaturbate” nobody cares. They should be using their OWN devices (which the players have prompt access when playing the game) - they have a freaking game launcher with “news” (that never gets updated and when it does its mostly cash shop and useless streamer crap). They should try using that, or their forums, for a change. I mean, they can use whatever they want outside of the blizzard platform. But it’s all the time the same crap. People should not be forced into having to search around the internet to figure out where they are posting anything related to the game. These guys just do what they want, with the easiest way - like posting stuff on reddit, the ultimate sycophants platform. Baffling, I know.