Do I buy PoA or RtN?

So I’ve saved up around 2000 Gold in order to get the basic Path of Arthus bonus set, but also the new mini-set Return to Naxxramas has released and I thought I’d ask which is more worth my Gold?

I have not been playing constructed, but hopefully some others who have will help to evaluate both sets for you, but I would have you start by considering the following:

1. Path of Arthas contains 26 exclusive Death Knight cards, which cannot be obtained from opening packs. How badly do you want to play a DK deck in Standard any time soon? Look at the amount of dust it would take you to craft the cards you would need to the make the DK deck(s) that you want to try, if you did not buy the set.

2. Return to Naxxramas contains 38 cards spread out among all 11 classes, plus some neutrals. Since you can obtain these from buying the set or from opening packs or from chest rewards from Arena and ladder prizes, you may not want to open packs until you have bought the set, if you want to get the most benefit out of the duplicate protection policy.

2 Likes