Diluted card pool?

Is anyone concerned about the dilution of the card pool
in terms of pack openings? Seems kinda cheap of team 5 to up the pool without increasing legend drops or increasing the amount of cards given per pack.
Yes? no?

2 Likes

Just another step to eventually convert free to play players to paying customers as they attempt to keep up with the joneses in the rat race.

2 Likes

The card pool will increase in size and so it will be “diluted” in that you will have a lesser chance to acquire the cards you’re after (for the classes you desire) when opening packs.

This will never happen… Although I’ve believed since I began playing that packs were too expensive. I really don’t care about other CCGs in which cards cost relatively the same or more. The price is ridiculously high… And these are virtual cards you don’t really own.

For me this is not a problem because I have a lot of resources. However, many players do not and can’t buy every standard card. I definitely feel for you guys. Some sort of (even if small) compensation in some way should be implemented.

1 Like

100% this. Designed to try and push more sales, but will only push more people away from the game, once people realize all the junk/filler cards are really just:

this is the new normal, and until it hits them in the bottom line, nothing will change.

2 Likes

Yes I am concerned but what to do about it? They should have a Wildcard system so we can pick and choose some cards

2 Likes

How would that work? This is the only DCG I have played so I am unfamiliar.

I don’t mind as much. Collecting the cards is as much fun as playing the game. The cards are the carrot that keeps me going. I got to a point in rumble where i had everything early. When that happened i ended up quitting the game for years because i lost interest.

As long as it isn’t so bad that i can’t make anything right away i am good. Then as the expansion goes on I unlock new decks to try out. That for me is what keeps it going. I have experienced having all the cards right away before, and i did not like it and lost my interest. Probably didn’t hep that rumble sucked as well.

1 Like

see Improved Redundant Card Handling

a small step, but can be explored.

2 Likes

It’ll help fill out your collection, but for those players who only get a few legendaries it doesn’t help at all.

3 Likes

well, you could make decks without being 100% legendaries. or the win condition depending on legendaries. Sure it may not be the meta or op, but it would be efficient, economical, and you would have a great sense of “how you like them apples?” when you beat a netdeck of 40 legendaries.

Highly unlikely and few and far between, i know. Im not naïve. Still, imagine a self made tourney of decks without legendaries, rares, or epics allowed. Just regular cards and the best strategy and luck of the draw. Nothing to do with whales or f2p farmers or single class only players… just a good and challenging tourney. I think it’d serve the forum community some good if thats all that took place in it.

i am withholding judgement until i see what they do with the rewards track. they may add enough rewards to offset the card pool increase. i don’t expect it, but I’m willing to give them the benefit of doubt until i see the result.

2 Likes

In the future they can just use bots to replace F2Ps, so I doubt they’d care about that.

Wow, pretty dehumanizing statement.

If you take that to the absurd extreme that could lead to a dystopian future where the last human alive is trapped in a simulation only playing games against AI which has tricked him into thinking he’s playing real people when his actions are just being translated to electrical power to sustain the AI.

2 Likes

Just to be argumentative, if a person is literally the last human alive, would it be so bad that they are trapped in a dream where at least they get entertained and hopefully taken care of, or face the reality of knowing his race is doomed to extinction and there’s literally no other human around to at least keep him company?

And unless we meet aliens or something to provide this simulation, I’m guessing the simulation is run by AI or something created by humans. In a way those AI would humanity’s descendants. Humanity’s children.

That our children decide to go the Matrix route is not as bleak as say the Terminator route. In a better light it’s Spielberg’s AI route where they’d even revive a dead mom for a day for Haley Joel Osment when all the machines really cared for is to study human history.

The scenario I laid out wasn’t so much focused on the end result but more linking and highlighting a potential journey taken filled with similar decisions suggested by the previous poster that could lead to that scenario.

The end result seems to be similar to the concept of Hell, because the person is trapped in something they can never leave regardless of how they feel about it (even if they discover the truth, they are trapped in a world they are ill-equipped to survive in and will experience the torment of reality) with their very existence providing their master dominion over them.

This topic got dark.

1 Like

I am very concerned about it, but I was told that statistically it doesn’t change much.

Unfortunately, for me and for every single person, it changes a lot every time you open a legendary from DK when you have no intentions on playing the class.
Which wouldn’t be that bad, if half DK cards weren’t locked behind a 2k gold paywall.

But somehow DK is the most f2p friendly class in the game :man_shrugging:
(The most f2p class is whatever class I already invested my resources in; which isn’t a single class but at least 2-3 + another 3-4 with more than random cards)

2 Likes

Yeah…they have so much doublespeak for this release it would be funny if it weren’t covering for their ever increasing predatory monetization.

This, combined with the new art style (don’t recall the name, but the fancier than diamond that you can’t disenchant) all have the same impact of diluting the card pool, forcing more purchases, and ultimately devaluing the money people spend in the game, forcing more purchases for those who aren’t aware of what’s going on.

1 Like

I feel the same. The idea that more and more cards are going to wind up as dust frustrates me.

1 Like

It is really a non-issue. Just dust the cards you’re not going to use because you don’t like the class or something silly like that. You do it to yourself, it isn’t really on Blizzard to solve that problem yet.