Desktop performance degraded since Battlegrounds were added

I primarily play HS on my Android tablet, but sometimes I want to multitask on my desktop instead. But ever since the Battlegrounds patch went live, I get major lag spikes (like 20s+ on HS adventures, battlegrounds, and Standard Ranked play; I don’t do Wild or Arena).

Here’s my relevant hardware specs. I’m leaning towards building my own replacement, but it’ll both take a long time to arrange, and troubleshooting it now will help ensure that I make the right choices for the new rig’s hardware,

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930 3.20GHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 16GB of DDR PC3-12800
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Rampage IV Black Edition
Disk 0: 250GB SATA SSD
Disk 1: 1TB SATA SSD
Disk 2: 4TB spinning disk model

I’ve already done a clean reinstall and verified the downloaded content but still have the issue. Turning GFX setting to Medium wasn’t noticeably different in symptoms, but if I set it to Low, it pretty much mitigated the issue. To me, that sounds like a potential GPU bottleneck. I do have another, newer nVidia card kicking around- don’t remember which model, but that should be easy to verify when I gave the energy to move the cases around.

GPU bottleneck would fit with high resolution cards back and animation.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.