Declining Hearthstone Player base?

Current leadership is deaf to player concerns across all Blizzard games and that is why people are moving on to other titles.

Getting a blue response on an important post on Blizzard’s own forums is like seeing a unicorn.

If it’s not some condescending corporate-speak drivel about how we, the players, are wrong and the all-knowing devs are right it’s an even greater miracle.

1 Like

must be 20 characters. yep.

Login 1st Opponent Demon Hunter

Turn 1 Battlefiend Coin play another Battlefield

Yeah my mulligan and deck do I want to bother with this game? Nope. Pass

Next

Paladin
Turn 1 Imprisoned Sungill :slight_smile: today and every day
Turn 2 Murgur Murgurgle :slight_smile:

The next match after that was another Paladin and I kid you not. If only screen captures were permitted here, not that the fanatics will ever admit that there is a certain…game AI design to Hearthstone.

Turn 1 Imprisoned Sungill
Turn 2 Murgur Murgurgle

Yeah lets just not bother with Autostone today.

This is a really interesting topic as a business major. Do you have any links I can read on this? I have looked at the Twitch stuff already. Would like to write about this in my next paper.

1 Like

Standard troll thread. The “Samsung Galaxy Launcher” doesn’t show how many players are logged into any game on the planet. Blizzard, and probably most other companies are the only ones who know their playerr base, and would have to share that data with Samsung for some reason.

Agree with all the posters above on the comments. Just want to add if blizzard could implement a feature to give some gold or rank rewards for playing the game, maybe half, if it will make the community a bit more friendly and less cut throat where only winning with the best deck matters.

Well activisions revenue seems to go up every year but as someone who’s played about every single game activision has a hold of… it’s pretty noteable that the cost they charge for their games seems to be hiking up too. I put it down to strong marketting because in the past their games seemed absolutely unrivaled. Now they seem to have competition in every genre of game that tends to hold its own.

You’re looking at less return then a lot of really safe sectors, supermarkets, banks, utilities and why? what moat this company ever had in the past doesn’t really exist anymore aside from a really strong marketing campaign and a very loyal customer base.

I don’t care enough to research them to know what games are pushing their top revenue but I’m sure you are better off digging in financial papers for it then on a forum with a lot of people who don’t really know.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree :100:, OTK decks is the culmination of a mess in the game along with all the disgusting strategies:

• cards with great potential for low cost (OP cards)
  • random
  • a game with a known end
  • endless card draws or generation of cards that were not in the starting hand, endless range of decks (random squared)
  • significant reduction in the cost of cards
  • reducing the cost of cards to zero
  • drawing a large number of cards
  • quick card draws
  • blocking opponent mana (what the hell is that?)

What about current thread, I think the statistics are justified. And Blizz needs to change a lot of things in order to return the game to normal.

1 Like

I agree with a lot of what you said. They have a huge investment going into the mobile gaming as well. Its not something say the PC gamers want, however there is a lot of money to be made there too.

Today there are enough good CCGs, so less people playing this rng sh1tgame

This always happens, the further you get from a patch the less people will play… thats why they have to patch and add new stuff.

Like in the past, they came they saw they were disappointed… Like people above said, do you like phone games, were the game plays itself ? No…Then you cannot play HS.

Hearthstone in 3 phrases , “get the cards, mulligan or not, hope to drop cheats before your opponent” <-- Done, hearthstone.

Standard troll post.
OP stated that these numbers are only from the US Samsung users.
I have a Samsung phone as well but uninstalled HS some weeks ago. and I can confirm that these figures were correct at the time of this post.
it is pretty simple: have the launcher? HS installed? Player played HS today? Yes/no?
i don’t code but someone could probably explain better than me.
Don’t need that data to be shared with Samsung. just like how Google play store can track how many total downloads of an app there are.

Yeah if I didn’t have to play VS in order to do the daily. I would feel less bored and salty.

Daily. Match 1
Paladin Quest play Reborns.
Coin Mirco Mummy
Turn 2 Another Micro Mummy

*see, every day the game makes me feel there is NO randomness to how the cards are dealt.

turn 4 here comes the Lifesteal Ancestral Guardian. Its a neck and neck race to face who will get there usual cards during phase 2 to save or lose the game?

Ah, the Paladin gets the favored card and the Quest was easily completed like they all are

Khartut the Defender. Taunt and Lifesteal and makes a copy. Gee that wasn’t predictable since turn 1.

But, you HAVE to play through it to get credit to get the daily treats.

In the try hard format.

Don’t quite understand. how will you complete the daily without playing HS?

You don’t share it, the launcher shares it with Samsung without your input. In any case, it would only show people who happened to be using that launcher on a Samsung phone. Not all players in the game.

This is bothering me so much. Why can’t we link anything as of late? So people don’t click jank and catch nasty viruses? People have been using the internet for decades now, they can decide for themselves if a link is risky or not.

Years ago it would have bothered me that I wasn’t awarded the appropriate trust level by now according to the rules, but pffft I’ve been around too long at this point to even bother with a LOL.

The new forums are nice though. I appreciate the lack of dislikes. The person who oversaw the transition was fired right? Probably for good reason, but whatever. It’s functioning.

Shills gonna shill no matter the issue, reason games like BFV got abandoned so fast bc rather than state the obvious they come on here and defend it yet the only thing they are doing is making the game worse. Shills always have 1000’s of post defending the most blatant issues with games instead of speaking up to help change. They only lie to themselves spouting how everything is fine going from one post to another blindly defending. In all actuality they spend more time on forums over actual gameplay, just another reason to ignore them while they cram their nose further up Blizzards backside with nothing to gain out of it except the pat on their back they give themselves for Being able to stomach yet another bs response they gave in the fight to ruin the game.

That’s not true at all. Sometimes people just have completely different opinions on a given topic. For example some people dislike RNG/Discover effects and want this game to be more like Chess as I always say. But there are also people like me that want even more craziness because I just play casually for fun.

Maybe I should’ve just ignored you then as well. You’re basically an “anti-shill”. Is that really that much more helpful to the game?

Yeah, right… they want to ruin the game. It just makes sense! :roll_eyes:

But this is the problem. They are ONLY catering to people like you. They are making this to be so, so much RNG that people like me who want a balanced game are left in the curb.

I mean, why 99 percent of my games have to be decided by RNG in order for you to enjoy the game? Why can’t the game be enjoyable for both of us?