Deck tracker or arena helper application is self to use?

The fact that some third-party sites use battlenet API for authentification don’t make everything on these sites “legal” or “safe”.
Topic starter, you can use them on your own risk.

i never stated that and yes anything can happen.

But as blizzard provided the decktracker page with a tool to login for authentication then its pretty safe to assume the use of decktrackers is legal.

It’s legal. Stop reading Fakebook

Yep. Start reading boring EULA.

1 Like

Blizzard’s official stance has always been “We don’t mind if it doesn’t do anything you couldn’t also do with pen and paper”, but the have not given a more specific set of guidelines.

And people who have practiced keeping track of plays using pen and paper can keep up with what happens just like the decktrackers do.

See the title of this post, by a blue, on the help forum:

If they offer guidance on how to post replays (that are made by decktracker), then surely they cannot say that the tool is not allowed.

Also, I very often suggest to people in the help forum to play with a deck tracker and no blue has ever contradicted.

Yeah, show me paper and pen which can hack into hearthstone.exe process address space and change a couple of bytes.

And that can cause what exactly ?

Autosquelch.
Card topdeck prediction.
Animation speedup.
Lethal indication.

Explain it to me then in way everyone can understand that you can alter files that causes manipulation of the statements you adressed above.

Lethal indication i can understand because it requires just the info on your current board state, but that takes a huge amount of time to make a program that can find your solution every turn but for the larger part that lethal indication would only suffice on complex board states.

Autosquelch is impossible with pen and paper, but it doesn’t affect gameplay. I understand why Blizard wouldn’t care.

Topdeck prediction? Animation speedup? Those sound illegal.
The topic of this discussion is “Deck tracker or arena helper”. I use deck tracker extensively and it has neither of these features. I uninstalled arena helper after giving it a try because I like deck tracker better, but to my understanding it doesn’t offer these features either.

Lethal indication … deck tracker has an option where it can show tot total attack value of all remaining attacks on the board. That’s something one can easily do with pen and paper. (It’s faster to just do it in your head. I’ve switched the feature off since it hinders me more than it helps)

EDIT: To add that as far as I know deck tracker doesn’t support autosquelch either, but I heard that tools exist that have this option.

1 Like

No matter what this software can or cannot. Ban is result of action, not purposes. Breaking into HS address space is enough.

And how does this relate to the original question? As far as I know, neither of the two tools the OP asks about break into the HS address space.
HS deck tracker specifically merely reads the log files.

2 Likes

They claimed so, but sources tell different. “People lie.” (c)

But source code doesn’t.
HS Deck Tracker is an open source project, and the source code is available through GitHub: https://github.com/HearthSim/Hearthstone-Deck-Tracker/releases

1 Like

Yes. And everyone can see how HearthMirror module works.

You responded to my remark on how HS decktracker works. Now you reply with a reference to another tool (I think?)

I have no clue about HearthMirror. I made no comments about that tool.

Don’t think, read the sources. HearthMirror is a core module of DeckTracker.

Okay. Thanks.
I took a quick glance. The code of HS decktracker doesn’t contain anything called HearthMirror. Are you perhaps confusing it with the HearthWatcher components?
There are currently five C# modules in there. The one related to tracking of actual games is called LogWatcher.cs. A quick glance at the code seems to me to confirm the statement I already made a few posts above: that HS decktracker does not invade any address space; that it gets information on what’s happening in games from reading the logs.

Now don’t get me wrong, but you are the one claiming that HS decktracker is doing illegal stuff. So I suggest that not I but you read the source, and then point me to exactly where they do that.
Until then, I see no reason to stop using the tool.

It is because you downloaded only one repository without dependencies. Try to build it and you’ll see a lot of missing references. Or just look into “Hearthstone Deck Tracker.sln” seventh project.