Deck creation cancel button

currently, to “undo” an edit to a deck, i believe the only way to accomplish this is by closing the game client before you click the “done” button … while effective, this is somewhat annoying and seems like less than an elegant solution … i was talking about it with a friend who had been away from the game for some time, and he seemed to think there used to be a “back” button or some other kind of “cancel” that would undo deck edits … is this something that can be brought [back??] to the deck editor? if it was removed what was the problem with it?

1 Like

I don’t remember such a feature to have ever existed
For as long as I recall, any edit done to a deck is saved unless you crash your game

you never needed to crash it, you have always been able to use the quit button, don’t even need to alt-f4

Maybe try to find some old videos on youtube of deck editing
Something like streamers’ VOD
That should clear doubts

well i found a firebat deck doctor 7 years ago doing domo mage and there’s only a done button … if there never was a cancel/revert/undo/back for deck editing, there still ought to be … it is very possible my friend just had a faulty memory about it, but whether or not it existed isn’t truly the point, it’s that you should be able to undo changes without having to manually revert or close(/crash) the game client to do it

2 Likes

Whoa, asking for basic functionality!

This is only a poor indie company after all!

1 Like

Not saying it shouldn’t be added
As a workaround you can simply save the code of your deck before editting

1 Like

that’s true, and on pc i do keep deck code backups, but the whole question of whether there was a back/cancel button came up b/c i pasted a code to my friend through the game chat, and somehow he copied over his deck trying to look at mine … or something like that … idk if he was on a mobile device or what, but somehow in selecting the deck code i sent he overwrote his deck unintentionally and was trying to undo that

1 Like

It can’t possibly be that much effort to move around a few cards instead of needing an ‘undo’ button.

for 1 or 2 cards, sure, but if you accidentally overwrite the whole thing with someone else’s deck code?? … it’s still a single click function that probably takes a developer less than an hour to create and debug, and saves countless people tons of time and frustration … i don’t see how you can argue it’s a bad feature … the only downside i see is if people accidentally cancel/undo/revert but then you are dealing with what i imagine is a lesser problem overall, since edits that you accidentally revert are more likely to be remembered, and therefore correctable, than accidental edits that get saved and are not remembered or are difficultly remembered and therefore are less correctable

1 Like

is easier to create copy of the deck before editing it so youll have a back up version of it

yes but why not have the game client do that for you in a single button?

1 Like

Like in Spaceballs for their cancellation button:

“Even in the future nothing works!!”

1 Like