Dalaran Heist Replayability

How many of the people who defended this expansion are still playing it regularly?

At least one. Me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Me too. Just got back from vacation (10 days) and will probably play today. Not quite what you expected?

3 Likes

Me too, it’s still quite fun to mess around with

2 Likes

Honestly wasn’t sure; hence the question. I know there are gonna be people with whom I just disagree, and who legit enjoy playing the, and there are gonna be people who will defend every decision Blizzard makes as if there were no better possible choice, even if they don’t actually enjoy the game.

me ^^ im grinding gold for the next expansion so im having tons of stuff to do and dont have much time : [

2 Likes

Me. But I dread wing 3 (only the final boss) and 5 on heroic. Such bad balancing …

1 Like

Me. I love it! My favorite expansion ever. I wish some of the classes had better powers, and I wish the random decks were more competitive, but I like the challenge of trying to win with them. Overall, I’ve won about 10 times across all Wings. It continues to entertain me, most definitely.

1 Like

I love this solo adventure a lot, I’ve beaten the first four wings with every character and I just started on the last wing today. I think heroic might be a little beyond me but my second playthru will probably be just that.

1 Like

This might be part of it. I found Normal too easy, probably because I’d seen most of the passives and buckets already, so I knew that, e.g., Priest miracle and Robe of the Magi are trash like 90% of the time, and there are many worse.

From my perspective: I’ve beaten Heroic with most combos, I think (definitely every hero/power/deck on 3 and 5). I just can’t see how beating Heroic is a skill-focused challenge, and again, Normal feels like something I’ve done before. Maybe because I pretty much have with Monster Hunt?

But yeah, thanks for your perspective. Maybe the lesson is that newer solo adventures are for players who haven’t been dealing with Heroic bulls*** since Naxx. I’m cool with that.

Once I finally beat it I never touched it again, unless I get the quest to beat 3 of the bosses.

2 Likes

Dalaran Heist is honestly what brought me back to the game. I have been playing it regularly and know quite a few others who continue to grind it out daily. Even after beating it, I honestly just find the mode fun, and hope we get something similar in the future. A new set of three hero powers and new deck archetypes would be lovely to see, as well as some more non-boss encounters, like maybe things inspired from League of Explorer’s pve content or some sort of treasure room with traps you need to figure out how to not trip. Even more bosses like the Quest boss or Tad from Dungeon Run is a nice break in pace that make you re-evaluate your game plan. The Innkeeper also makes most runs feel fresh, but some more options (a card to discover a spell, having the ability to equip a weapon from deck and interact with it with cards like Dismiss and whatnot, and simply more ways to customize your deck outside of pure minions would be really nice)

And, for perspective, I’ve played almost all the solo content since Naxx dropped, when it was current. I stopped playing in KotFT after doing that solo content and haven’t touched the game until Dalaran Heist. I’ve been playing through Witchwood, RR, and Dungeon Run, but Dalaran Heist has been the pinnacle of my return.

1 Like

I play it until I realise they still haven’t removed Haro (and fired the employe who made him)

2 Likes

I muster the wherewithal to try every couple days. I have to be in a good mood when I start.

As soon as I beat part 5 on normal I’m quitting and never touching a solo adventure again.

1 Like

I play it far more often than Play mode…

Easily my favourite game mode

1 Like

Other than that I prefer the classic “flavor” of K&C Dungeon Run, I’m enjoying Heroic Anomaly. Maybe not enough to complete it 45 times but yeah.

1 Like

Heist is lots of fun, def with it being wild format , so you can discover cards not normally expect for the mode. It really makes thing fun. For example, getting a quest from SoU in a game really is funny as hell to do as you complete it and the AI isn’t really ready for those cards and they do some really funny plays also.

1 Like

I replay it a lot, but tbh, I regret it every time.
Usually I spend 10 runs resetting after the first Boss because all the options are garbage, only to lose to bad luck/op boss (f u Haro) or anything else.
I only play again because I hate myself.

(Yes, I am salty because I just lost vs Haro)

2 Likes

I know that feel. People kept convincing me to give it another chance, and I hated it every time, then went back to some game I actually still enjoyed. I’ve beaten Heroic with every deck and power and feel no sense of accomplishment.

…which is certainly not to say that others shouldn’t. I do think there are a handful of design decisions that defy an explanation other than “laziness”, but for the most part, y’know, it is what it is, and I’m really sad I can’t enjoy HS’s solo content anymore.

1 Like

But why on earth would you play it that
Much if you hate it!? Personally I think it’s good and got my money worth, Will probably play it a few more times in the weeks to come…