Cursor flickering when scaling above 125% on Windows

This is still an issue. Setting the compatibility does not fix the problem. Yes, it stops the flickering but then your game looks like crap. 22 days since this was first reported, lets go…

1 Like

im hoping for a fix, i upgraded monitors and now its causing me migraines trying to plain hearthstone. this bug makes this game unplayable for people with certain disabilities and conditions, you think blizzard would actually care if it was negativiely affecting their customers

I think this is actually a problem relating to windows and how it is dealing with pointer scaling, seems to happen on other games too. I have “fixed” it by changing mouse pointer options to have trails and making it the shortest one so i don’t really notice it… pretty bad hack but stops the flickering.

Over 2 months later and this issue still isn’t fixed. The DPI Scaling Fix makes the game look like crap. Just goes to show how Blizzard cares for it’s customers.

Still not fixed…

I’ve been having the same problem since December as in the OP. It seemed to get a little better with various versions of Nvidia drivers, but the problem with Hearthstone has never been resolved. I even tried Nvidia’s “MPO Disable” Registry script (it had no effect).

I just tested setting the “High DPI” settings for the Hearthstone.exe file to “System (Enhanced)”, and that seems to have resolved the problem based on some basic testing. (I got the tip thanks to the thread at Hearthstone Hand Flickering since Patch - #14 by Groover-1696)

This is definitely something that Blizzard needs to fix ASAP. The problem has been easily reproducible for ~3 months, and there are thousands of views to these problem reports. It’s really frustrating to see something that should be really simple to fix ignored for so long.

playing on 4k display. Still not fixed. frame drops are insane

Managers, can u please talk to lead hearthstone developer to stop posting his useless opinions on twitter nobody cares about, wasting his time and spend it by fixing this simple but super annoying bug???

3 Likes

Let’s see if we can get to 2022 without a fix. New WR even for Blizzards standard

1 Like

I had the issue myself and just fixed it by setting the scaling of my 4k Screen (LG 27mu67-b 68,6 cm (27 zoll)) to 100%.
I can’t read anything on my screen then, but when I open Hearthstone and set it to fullscreen and 3840 x 2160, everything ingame looks nice and normal then, exept your cursor, he is pretty small and you might want to set your mouse dpi higher, since setting the scaling lower will “lower you mouse speed”.

I hope that helps you guys, at least it helped me after a lot of frustration with the Blizzard Support Service without finding a solution.

1 Like

This issue still persists in latest Patch 20.0 with latest Windows 10 and latest NVidia drivers.

this is so anoying and disrespectful by Blizzard.

Still not fixed. I need to restart my computer after 4 hours playing.

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to confirm that the Hearthstone team is aware of the cursor flickering issue when using greater than 100% scaling in Windows 10.

We do not have an ETA on when this might be addressed however. Thank you for the reports!

2 Likes

It’s now May and a cursor glitch still hasn’t been fixed… insanely lazy.

This is still an issue.

1 Like

Having the same issue on my Microsoft Surface Pro 7 in window mode as well.

Small indie co. zzzz

Still no fix Aug almost September… This is crazy.