Created By RAGE

Yes they “found” a card they needed, I already replied that after much thought and being on 3 HP yes I was surviving on luck.

Like I said that yes I was basically dead to anything it was more the fact that if they top decked a holy fire or some other direct face damage I would not have minded because I was dead anyway as stated in my last post.

Since when has “Discovering a card” been a win condition, I mean OTK Paladin, Warlock, or Resurrect Priest, I understand win conditions.

But “Discover a card” has NEVER been a win condition it just so happens that on this particular day it gave him the card he needed to win a game but due to the fact that I was basically dead to anything he got fortunate.

Ok so you are saying that you should know how many discover cards they run, What about if those cards go into further discover cards?? Quite often I see a Renew go into a Renew into a Renew, How many discover effects can you actually foresee?? So this is IMPOSSIBLE to do as you do not know if that renew was another renew that they are holding in their hand to play at a better time.

Also to further iterate that tracking the number of cards they have played is useless as Discover can give them extra copies of cards, So you might think that your opponent has used both SW : Death and then they Discover a 3rd copy of it from a discover effect, Much like in my situation my opponent had already played their ONLY mass dispel in their deck so I knew they did not have anymore in their deck, So the discover mechanic was their only way out as I know priest has a hard time to deal direct face damage.

The discover effect is nice as it gives the player a “chance” to high roll against their opponent if they are in a situation which they may not have otherwise been able to get out of but at the same time losing to a card which they did not have in their deck to begin with leaves a sour taste.

The best example of this is against a rogue, Priest plays nothing for 3 turns , Rogue plays a beefy Edwin priest is staring at a 10/10 on turn 3-4 priest has no silence, dispel or SW:Death drawn, Plays a renew and discovers a SW:Death which allows him to kill edwin next turn (Or that same turn).

Rogue is holding sap for Convincing Infiltrator play.

Also at what point do you stop playing around discovers?, After all the discovers priest has I feel playing around a discover is nigh on impossible.
Thoughtsteal,
Mind Vision
that legendary who gives them a card from tyour hand
Renew,
the list goes on and on.

How could the rogue have played around that discover?

This I agree with to a degree which is why I switched to playing a Face Hunter which I am quite enjoying as I rarely encounter these situations of my opponent discovers a card which enables them to win, Also because the matches are over so much faster I have more time, So if i lose it,s generally because my opponent drew the nuts to begin with, I am ok with losing to a good draw/top deck but losing to a card which was not in the game to begin with is something that grates on me. XD