Craft original card version instead of CoT version

It appears there there are 2 version of the same card you can craft - the CoT version and the original set version (they will have different watermarks). If anybody is trying for the diamond card achievement for completing collections, I would think they need to be careful to craft the original set version of the card for it to be counted. My bet is the CoT version will not count.

Public service warning, the default crafting is to the CoT version - so you would need to first go into the original set menu before crafting. It will say which set / version on the bottom of the card you’re about to craft.

Imo, would be MUCH better if they just had ONE version of each card. Then duplicate protection, collection management, dusting extras, etc would all work as we’re used to. Now, it’s very unclear how all that will work since identical cards can have multiple versions (watermarks).

3 Likes

Yeah, the caverns of time versions of cards currently dont count for collection achievements, which is a real shame. I thought it would be great to have another chance to get some old cards I was missing, but now I have a version that doesn’t count and need to craft duplicates if I want to finish achievements.

3 Likes

Yes! I was hoping CoT packs would help towards diamond reward cards for set completion, but they won’t. I really hope they retroactively make just ONE version of the old cards - having a CoT version and an original version messes up so much functionality.

3 Likes