Compensation for Certain Cards from Classic Packs

I’m having an issue with golden cards from classic packs. If I open some I want to disenchant them for dust to craft some cool legendaries, but after the last patch I’m unable to do so. Since golden cards are now opened for everyone for free (so the meaning of goldens is pretty much spoiled), I cannot disenchant one when I get it from the pack. So many other bugs after this expansion, I’m so sorry about what HS has become.

The thing is, the legendaries he got are not on the list, and there will not be any dust refund.

4 Likes

I see that now, right.

That’s stupid.

1 Like

Yeah, the whole point of buying this bundle for a lot of people was to guarantee Classic set completion without having to burn dust.

So, like, when I bought the bundle, I was expecting Velen + 400 dust + 15 classic packs (with HoF cards possible — I think I still need a Molten Giant or something). So at worst, I should have gotten Velen + about 1900 dust.

Instead I got 800 dust and about 1500 dust from packs. And then, I’d have to spend 1600 if I want Velen, lol. So I would only get Velen + 700 dust.

So I lost at least 1200 dust (1600 if you count the Molten Giant which should have been forced from packs) just from the HoF bug.

Some people who bought the golden packs wanted shots at golden HoF cards, so this is a problem for them too.

If I just wanted to buy dust, I would have bought more of the new expansion to at least have a shot at new legendaries.

4 Likes

The honest soulution should be to fully refund any card found in any classic pack opened in that span of time.

If a veteran (not my case) kept 100 classic packs from the weekly brawl, just for this moment, then it should get a refund on all the cards he opened, even commons duplicate.

Since the error was on blizzard side, I think it is better to give more than neccessary to some people but compensate everyone, than compensate a small part in a incomplete way.

My case: I just opened 2 packs (the free golden + 1 that I had stored). I didn’t find any HoF card, even if I missed some rare ones (coldlight oracle for example).
I didn’t lose much, but I indeed lost around 200 dust (2 rares that I don’t have).

4 Likes

This compensation is not enough. The classic bundle is advertised in the store as containing old, classic cards (e.g. Sylvanna, Ragnaros, Molten Giants, etc).

I’ve opened King Krush and some useless epics. I never had the chance (as it is advertised in the store) to open Sylvanna or Molten Giants. This is clearly false advertisement.

A fair compensation would entail a full dust refund for all cards opened, since the chance of opening old classic cards was not given, since the packs did not contain old cards.

I would be also fine if they removed the cards I’ve opened, gave me 23 classic packs again so that I can re-open them to have that chance of opening Sylvanna etc, as they advertised.

9 Likes

I agree.

The solution presented in this blue post is only a partial fix and is way insufficient to compensate for the bugged packs.

The “fair” solution is a re-roll of all the bugged “classic packs” to real Classic packs that can include HoF Classic cards but can not include Legacy cards. Plus, any accounts that bought bundles should have their bonus legendaries similarly re-rolled.

To my knowledge, Blizz fixed the packs yesterday. If they can, they should just take back all the old bugged packs/bundles and give us new ones and we should be happy.

That may not be possible for some reason (people dusting, or programming constraints, too complicated, etc.) Fine.

The maximum people could have lost out on here is whatever Legacy cards they pulled, plus whatever HoF cards they should have gotten. Allow us to dust Legacy cards for full value, and then give people any HoF cards they should have gotten (or the dust to craft them). If it’s possible to look at the card rarities generated when the packs were bought, this fix would be trivial.

It’s not a solution to fix the smaller Legacy issue and leave the much larger HoF issue untouched.

2 Likes

Hi does it mean we will lose the cards but get the dust?

1 Like

I got a golden whitemane too.

1 Like

Ah, neat. I got a Natalie Seline from the Golden Classic pack and was like “ah sweet,” then I was like, “wait, a second.”

2 Likes

Amazing customer service Blizzard has here. I opened my packs, got Brightwing, which I already had one of, and some Legacy epics. I still was missing Gelbin and ETC from the collection too.

I opened a ticket before this was posted about my issue and just got an asinine reply:

AMAZING that their “dive into investigating” didn’t find anything! I have the feeling they spent more time “crafting” their response than they did any searching. Way to make a frustrating situation even more aggravating.

5 Likes

I had the same issue as other folks called out. I saved all my classic packs so that I could get the cards I was missing from the hall of fame due to duplicate protection. Instead I got duplicate legendary/ epics cards. How will we be compensated?

Edit: Looks like I just got 1,300 dust in compensation

1 Like

Gelbin and ETC have never dropped from packs. They are only available through crafting.

4 Likes

I bought the Classic Bundle in order to try to get Sylvanas or Ragnaros as the guaranteed legendaries, but instead got Natalie Seline. Will I be refunded in this case as it should not have been granted through this bundle?

Anyone know if you will get the HOFed priest commons from the Classic Packs? I opened my Classic Packs as I was missing those cards, but did not get them. Note, I’ve had the HOFed priest cards in the past which I disenchanted them when they were HOFed.

That probably depends on the timing of when you dusted them. If you dusted them before the patch when duplicate protection was extended to all rarities (which was the same patch that included the Priest rework and HoFing), then they shouldn’t be registered as previously owned, so you should pull them pretty quickly since they’d be covered by duplicate protection. But if you dusted them after that patch, then the game would have recorded your previous ownership of them and thus you wouldn’t be guaranteed to pull them.

There were also a few cards from the Basic set that were HoFed and changed into Commons (like Northshire Cleric). If you dusted those, I’m not sure how they’re handling those now; you may just need to recraft them. Those were from the Basic set, so they do not and never have dropped from packs.

it seems they fully refunded a card from the lists already, in my case I dust High Inquisitor Whitemane and my dust increased.

Anyway, did they include HoF cards in a classic pack yet? I have a golden classic bundle unopened.

Thanks, I’ve dusted them after “that patch”, i.e., 17.0.0.44222. Since I’ve owned Northshire Cleric and dusted them at HOF at 17.0.0.44222, then I shouldn’t get them immediately in Classic Packs.

You probably won’t get Northshire from packs anyway, since it never came from packs to begin with. It was part of the Basic set.

Will we still get dust for cards we’ve already disenchanted? Got golden Natalie Seline from my golden classic bundle and disenchanted her because she’s in core