[COMMON MISTAKES] COMMON MISTAKES by Legend Players

Decide to do another [Common Mistake] post, however I do need help.

Some Legend Rank players has stated that they often make many mistakes, but still manage to achieve Legend rank.

As such, what are those common mistakes?

(add an example/ replay where possible)

2 Likes

Warlocks learn that if you’re gonna at all Hero Power, you should spend the 2 mana first, before ever committing that mana to something sitting in your hand.

Edit: This is also huge but, a very high amount of players get so sucked into the mind set of “board control”. That they lose opportunities to just win the game by deciding to push certain damage at the face.

7 Likes

I think this is what sets most Legend players(apart from newish ones) apart from non-legend players. It’s something I was guilty of, controlling board endlessly instead of going face and letting my opponent do the trades.

My mindset now is go face and where possible don’t let them value trade, make them use resources to clear your stuff, a lot of the time they either can’t or use a lot of resources and don’t stick anything on board, so you’re immediately ahead again on tempo since its your turn and they have no board.

2 Likes

It’s very surprising how many people miss lethal (myself included) when boards are wide and they trade instead of hitting face. So high that many times I will try to distract players by going wide on a board, usually with taunts to distract their attention of face, so that they think lethal is not possible. I’ve clutched a couple games doing that.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s 1 more reason why I never concede. Some people will call it cheap winning like that, but it’s ironic how this often comes from the same people who say “luck and paying for good cards doesn’t play a role, only skill does” when missing lethal is 100% about skill (lack of, in this case) in the first place.

1 Like

playing rotnest or corrosive breath in a rush without realizing I have no dragon in hand

2 Likes

i do this so frickin’ much with my galakrond priest

1 Like

Thanks for the replies above.
They are very valid mistakes and can be usually disregarded by some.

However, I would like to encourage more ‘debatable’ common mistakes.

There was a feedback in the above game, I had started off badly with mulligan and initial plays.

As such, I like to hear your views if they are mistakes or reasonable plays.

https://books.google.com.sg/books?id=6C1aDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT21&lpg=PT21&dq=COMMON+MISTAKES+BY+LEGEND+PLAYERS&source=bl&ots=KyJ2EnGPvw&sig=ACfU3U3ClBGpVWSQqAdHIxwn5H0vVt9GQw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwidpomDvK7oAhUTOisKHe0lBxI4FBDoATADegQIChAB#v=onepage&q=COMMON%20MISTAKES%20BY%20LEGEND%20PLAYERS&f=false

An article I googled