Chinese Bots in ranked

Not sure what’s going on, but after reaching high silver then to low gold, it’s been nothing but Chinese (lettering looks chinese) players that play like bots. They typically have low-end decks that only new players would be using.

It’s been giving me a lot of wins because the bots are terrible players. But, its been about 70% bots im playing against.

Just wonderig if others are encourtering the same thing?

Honestly, I’m not sure what the point of botting is. Sure, they (very slowly) rank up and earn gold, but what’s the point of that? Are they just trying to passively earn gold so they can eventually net deck and play those decks?

Or, the only other reason I can think is that they want to grind out gold so they can eventually sell the accounts for real money. Which would explain why there is so many of them botting in NA servers.

I really don’t get the point, but i sure am seeing ALOT of them.

Remember a while ago when China banned Blizzard for non conforming? You think those upstanding citizens of the CCP are going to play fairly and regrind everything? No, they are going to do what they do in every game. Bot. Set the bots up to take the full 90 seconds each turn in hopes you get so bored, you just leave the game and give them the win.

With how gold grinding works now, you simply just have to play cards to gain xp.

2 Likes

You don’t even have to play cards, just spend time in the game. Games versus opponents yield more rewards per time, so the bots are deployed to these modes for faster gains before they are sold to paying players who want a head start.

1 Like

O yea i forgot about the whole China debacle. Like when a Chinese player made a comment towards hong kong and the CCP - and then was subsequentially banned. I lost a lot of respect for blizzard that day. They have zero ethics and just wanted to not lose their profits in China. Now, all this botting? Blizzard clearly just lets china do whatever they want. It’s pretty sad.

I came here looking for posts about this. I am in Gold league and the late Silver/Early Gold has been a massive amount of either names written in Kanji playing like a bot or names with a couple of odd letters/numbers (example: dwes3) playing like bots. Like you, I don’t understand the point. Oh, and most of them have been pretty much the same DK deck with the original card background.

Is there a way to report them that I don’t know about?

I also see not just Chinese names, but also random english letter names too, like you pointed out. Such as asafdaa2 or something. Which also play like bots. Not sure if they are doing it simply to grind out gold and rank up. Or if they are selling the accounts for money once they reach a high rank and get enough gold. I think you can report them, but i doubt blizzard will do anything. Especially considering they don’t want to negatively affect their chinese player base.

Also, most of these bot accounts are new player accounts. I wouldn’t doubt it if they have multiple bots running at the same time. Decks are very basic.

At first I was frustrated, but its been pretty easy to rank up. So i guess i can’t complain.

dude there are quite a few chinese bots in WILD ranked now…

Hi mate, I’d like to say your point for the bot is 100 percent right. The hearthstone stuiods use scripts to lauch mutiple games in a single PC and sell the accounts with gold to players at a very low price.

2 Likes

Harder than hell to rank up for me. I can’t get out bronze, regardless what deck I use.