Censorship Issues

I have a problem with censoring cards I have already earned/purchased. I will be uninstalling until the cards are brought back. Please announce if you retract this redesign, because I’m sure I’m not the only one who would like to make this statement.

Thank you!

23 Likes

If a card is removed/moved to Wild only, you will get dust refunds, as usual.

It’s the same for everyone so you’ll have to accept or find another game.

1 Like

Yeah I’m really glad i spent like 0 money on this game or i would be really mad my self but yeah im uninstalling it as well.

4 Likes

@Oedlan It’s not the Wild only, it’s the fact that the original designs are out, without any kind of consideration for the consumer. I paid money for some of these cards, and to see them change suddenly is unacceptable. Granted it is games as a service, which we all know is subject to the whims of the developers and powers-that-be.

That said, I will not be playing the game until this can be addressed.

5 Likes

I really don’t understand why people would completely abandon a game over art changes. Here’s how I see it:

1. “I liked the old art much better” – you can still find it online at many websites. While playing I suggest focusing on strategy. When nnot playing, you can find bigger versions of the same artwork (or perhaps even better artwork) all across the internet.
  2. “As a matter of principle I will not support a game that budges to the Chinese” – regardless of whether this rumor is true or not, this sounds like you should find the local chapter of Amnesty International. They can always use volunteers with such strong dedication to human rights. And you’ll get more satisfaction from working for them then from playing any game.
  3. “I recognize most cards from their card art and now I need to readjust” – fair point and yeah this sucks for me too. Typically after a new expansion releases (with 135 new cards), it takes me two to three weeks until I recognize most cards by picture only. I think I’ll manage to adapt to this much lower amount of changed art too.
1 Like

@BigHugger I think it’s a combination of a lack of the original design values and the erasure of something either paid for or earned. Hearthstone is also losing replay value for me as every new set feels more and more rushed, more complicated and less balanced as well. This may have just been the straw that broke the camel’s back.

3 Likes

I think it’s perfectly fine to reallocate your time and money to something that more closely matches your own ethics. I choose not to see movies starring various always wrong hollywood dimwits who can’t shut up about politics, even if the movie otherwise sounds good.

In this case, I’m just glad I don’t care at all about the art on a handful of cards, as I’m not quite entirely sick of HS just yet and prefer not to quit.

But if Bliz caving in to some sort of moral majority offends you, there’s doubtless some other perfectly good game out there. (Probably a lot easier to find than movies that don’t have blabbermouth hollywood types).

I personally draw that line at trying to organize boycotts though. Each person should do what their conscience dictates, but being a loudmouth with a bullhorn trying to brainwash/bully/peer-pressure a bunch of addlepated misfits into doing their bidding is almost always more offensive to me than the original sin they’re trying to boycott.

Hmmm, the spell checker on this forum doesn’t know the word “addlepated”. It probably got a low score on the SAT.

@BadSoup I feel the same way about supporting movies, what’s funny is it’s probably the same company too up the ladder. I can understand other players continuing to play, and that’s okay with me. I’m not calling for a boycott, in fact I would have quietly uninstalled had they provided an option to email support to say the same thing, but they don’t, so here we are, discovering there are quite a few more players who aren’t happy with this decision amongst others. :yum:

4 Likes

It’s absolutely ****ing stupid that blizzard are bending over backwards and censoring their own game and punishing the rest of the world simply to gain access to China.

7 Likes

What’s “absolutely ****ing stupid” about securing access to a 1.3 billion-person market? Like, I get that people disagree with the move, but from Blizzard’s perspective, the absolutely ****ing stupid thing would be to lose access to that many potential customers for the sake of… what? Principle? Principles don’t help your quarterly earnings.

2 Likes

they can change art only for people in china WHILE KEEPING IT SAME FOR US?
or change it before china demands it so it wont be “boot licking” company
or I dont know… BE MORE OPEN WITH IT AND NOT SAY “oh no its not china its just visual update for age rating”

3 Likes

I don’t think it has as much to do with China as it does their feminist values. And it is stupid to endanger their current fanbase to attempt to reach a new fanbase that they don’t know whether or not will spend money. But then again, maybe current fans are spending so much less money that they think it would be better to burn it all down, who knows?

4 Likes

If you think Blizzard has “feminist values,” congratulations, you’ve bought into their marketing.

Are they endangering their current fanbase? Sure, there’s one or two randos who might quit playing Hearthstone over this. But I honestly doubt most people, or even most people complaining about these changes, will actually quit. All Blizzard has to do is keep moving forward with it, and the outrage will eventually die down.

1 Like

What a whiny self centered millennial. BOOOOHOOO I cant see boobs and butts on a card im going to victim complex and cry to make an issue…

Hey look someone that applauds censorship.

7 Likes

Moving forward towards where?? Game is dying

I remember when Hearthstone was one of the most viewed games in Twitch with over 100k viewers. Now at this exact moment has 18k viewers.

Nicely done Blizzard, keep moving forward!!!

5 Likes

people not watching HS doesnt mean the game is death … people saying WoW is dead since 2007 lol oh look its 2019 ^^

China has its own HS client from years where all of the cards are censored same as WoW and other games

1 Like

I didn’t say game is dead. I said it was dying. It’s moving towards it’s death.

So maybe they should reconsider the direction where they are going

4 Likes

this game wont die in the near maybe 5 years lol so dont worry theres always gonna be people that not thinking like kids - oh they changed the art for a card that i dont even use , OMG this game is dying i will uninstall >.<! … like please grow up