Caverns of Time Packs Oversight

I’m not a video game developer or a programmer of any kind, but there’s no way it would’ve been that difficult for them to have made the reprint cards implement better in pack opening right?

Standard packs, wild packs, etc., all are packs that can produce cards from multiple sets. It would’ve been easy to code the cot packs to produce 1: the cot-exclusive new cards and then 2: the reprints from their original sets [NOT as a new version w a new emblem].

I can sort of understand how beneficial for organization it might be to print them and implement them ‘in’ the new set, but it would’ve eliminated all of the confusion if it weren’t created this way.

And before you come with oh it’s bc it’s a scam, no it wasn’t. It is functioning exactly as it is meant to, and no one lost anything opening any packs. If you think you did, you read something wrong or understood something wrong.

All I’m saying is that in regards to the reprints, there’s no way it was gonna be a hard endeavor to just have the original cards be produced in the new packs.

5 Likes

i agree. now i am worried that i will miss a diamond card for completing an old set or caverns of time itself.

3 Likes

The funny thing is, they already do have packs that contain cards from multiple expansions. This started with the “year of” packs, and continued with class packs, and the standard and wild packs were the most recent additions before the cot debacle. All of them worked with relatively no issues, and aside from their core set reshuffle issues with cards disappearing (a different issue from these packs), no problems with random dupes, and all these other problems.

This. Was. No. Accident.

2 Likes

I just want the cards I own from previous sets to not be considered as “missing” when I search for “missing” cards from the Caverns of Time set.

4 Likes

It’s even worse, because it may make it MORE difficult to complete old collections. If you get a CoT version of an old card it will NOT count towards completing that old set AND it may be “duplicate protected” so you won’t get it opening original set packs. So the only way to fill in the CoT version of cards is to craft them.

3 Likes

You will miss it unless you craft the old version. Caverns set is an absolute scam. Caverns cards don’t count towards completion of old sets and the old versions don’t count as playable cards in twist and in duels… so basically blizz want you to buy/craft both versions.

3 Likes

the old versions do count as playable in twist haven’t tried duels