Catchup pack is a joke

So, I opened 22 catchup packs and got 6 or 7 cards on each of them. How can this be called catchup when you literally get 1 or 2 more cards? What a shame, Blizzard.

3 Likes

How Do Catch-Up Packs Work?

Here are all the tasty details:

• Number of Cards: Each Badlands Catch-Up Pack includes 1-10 cards from each of the five included sets, for a total of 5-50 cards per pack. The number of cards you get from each set is based on the percentage of cards you’ve received* from that set:
    • 25% or less of that set: 10 cards from that set
    • 75% or more of that set: 1 card from that set
    • Between 25% and 75% completion: scales with collection completion percentage
  • Rarity Distribution: At least 20% (rounded up) of the cards in each Catch-Up Pack will be a Rare or better. The overall rarity distribution for Catch-Up Packs is the same as normal packs.
  • Quality: All cards are normal quality (non-Golden).
  • First Legendary Guarantee: One Legendary in the first 50 cards from each expansion (yes, that means you get to capture five different Legendary offering bonuses in these packs).
  • Mass Pack Opening: You can Mass Pack Open up to 20 Catch-Up Packs at once.
8 Likes

Same they are scam i opened 12 Packs and only got 7,25card from each Pack i only have 35-38% completion on 2 of the expansions and 25% or less on the other 3 and after opening this scam of Packs im still under 40% on 2 exp. and still under 27% ob the Others wtf i want my Money Back

1 Like

I don’t mind them. If you don’t like them, don’t buy them.

4 Likes

I had 48 on my first pack. As I kept opening I had fewer an fewer till I got 23. It makes sense as it assigns them depending on the percentage of Standard Card set owned.
They are not magic card packs of course and their value drammatically decreases as you own more cards.

I do not see anything unfair there.

3 Likes

would have been nice to take and share screenshots of pack opening results with the percentage of your collection, to see if it works as advertised or not

Agreed. Also wish you can see what cards you got. Not thrown in a pile and then directs you to go to your collection to check out your new cards.

I have nine different collections (1 P2P & 8 F2P), which have bought all the Standard min-sets. Eight of those collections got 5 cards (as expected) from each Catch-Up Pack and one collection got 6 cards per pack:

https://imgur.com/a/2SDHPrM

I have another 3 collections that I generally do not buy the mini-sets for, which I only use to play-test new changes to the Arena format to get a better understanding of what works before I play Arena with my other accounts. Those three collections each got thirty-something cards per Catch-Up Pack:

https://imgur.com/a/BNY2I66

Highlights from Catch-Pack Openings:

https://imgur.com/a/4WxxVE6

I think it’s a bug, the same thing happened to me despite being <40% on 4 and <55% on 1 of the included expansions (according to their catch up pack full disclosure: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/32545 I calculate I should have gotten around 34 cards per pack)

1 Like

This really pisses me off. So the people who work hard to get their packs are “rewarded” with fewer cards than everyone else? I wish I’d known this before spending thousands of gold on packs recently. How about giving me my gold back and letting me re-open my two catchup packs to get 50 cards per pack instead of 5? Or maybe increasing the quality of the cards in the pack for dedicated collectors? I got no decent cards and am missing many legendaries …

548 Cards from 17 Packs.

Where is the joke exactly

1 Like

People that actively open packs are rewarded with cards of the current expansion
Newcommers will still have to do the same effort as you to get badlands cards

Active players will always be somewhat on-time with new updates while players relying only on catch-up packs will still be an expansion late in their collection
Catchup packs also have the downside of being less and less reliable the mroe you play, they are just a way to encourage new and returning players to keep on playing

1 Like

Someone didnt read how the new pack works and blames blizzard for incompetence. Lmao

Who is the iddiot here?

1 Like

If only you could read mate.

Catchup packs aren’t happening very xpac. You will be lucky if its once per year.

They literally tell you before you buy how many cards you’ll get. Am I missing something?

I feel the same. I only got five cards from my catch up pack. Have opened three of them with the same result. Here are percentages from my collection
Titans 49%
Festival of Legends 56%
March of the Lich King 45%
Murder at Castle Nathria 62%
Voyage to the Sunken City 62%
I think I should have gotten about 5+5+6+3+3 cards respectively. Or am I totally mistaken about this? I still have unopened ones and I’m going to hold on to them for a while until I’m sure that I can’t get more that five cards from each pack.