Casual Battlegrounds play

Hey all, I absolutely love battlegrounds but I typically only play casually. I’ve basically been playing the game mode since it’s inception and was hooked. After they implemented a rating system for battlegrounds I’ve been able to get to like 5.5k-6k after some luck and then just lose constantly. Can we either make a non rated battlegrounds or be able to opt out of rated play? It literally sucks all the enjoyment out of the game mode for me (the only mode I play currently). I’d be surprised if I’m the only one that feels this way. I play it for fun, I don’t want to have to go to tryhard levels just to casually enjoy the game mode

It’s rigged. Out of 8 players, maybe 3 are “real” people… rest are blizzard run bots. And there’s always 1 with a goddraw that magically wins the game by a longshot.

Blizz algos.

4 Likes

evidence? I didnt see you supply any.

Good to see im not the only one that uses the term tryhard lol. Im right there with ya OP! I used to get to 5.5k on the regular, last season with quests I finally climbed higher to 6.5k rating. Now with the speedrunner gameplay where everyone tries to get to 6 as fast as possible, something I rarely ever did before this season, its just not organic or has any flow to it. Its just race to end and get tier minions before you reach that tier they are on. I encountered a George on Tier 3 with a Tier 5 pandaren that buffs elementals in the tavern on like the turn we had 8 gold. It was unreal. Still dont know how they pulled that off.

But Im afraid the tryhards all inhabit every gamemode now… they are in wild, they are in casual, they are in casual duels, they are in tavern brawl, they are in WoW, etc, It seems the idea of one needing to reach endgame asap brain chemistry from WoW players has infected nearly all of blizzards games these days.

3 Likes

So true! I’m fine with them if there’s a casual option for people like us when we don’t want to push and want to play for fun, but also the current meta just doesn’t feel good - the race to tier 6 and combos just kind of sucks the fun out of it once you play on a level that starts feeling more competitive

1 Like

I dont rly get it.
Why dont you just ignore your rank and play for fun?

That’s what I do and I am a very competetive gamer.

Do you play on pc or mobile?
I play mostly on mobile, therefor I cant even take bgs (to) serious.

People are still climbing the ladder.

If you dont play for a few weeks the people you where previously playing in the Lower bracket will move up and the guys beating you will move up to the next bracket.

Eh, in my personal situation I climb to my plateau which is currently around 5k now. and I’ll probably stay there at this new floor because I doubt I can get to 6k without anything that can disrupt all this speedrunning to tier 6. I got 1st place as the new hero that kills off a minion and eventually brings it back good as new when you have the room. I had a good time giving a golden leapfrog reborn and taunt and sniping it with the power. lol. eventually I got to rank 5 and scored a triple which gave me a lucky option of the oh so rare wolf from tier 6. I can count on one hand how many times I naturally encounter the wolf, and I’d have 6 fingers left over. lol.

But I never went to tier 6. Good times.

1 Like

I play on PC, and I get where you’re coming from but if you have a win streak that puts you above a certain floor you cant go back down so you just… lose… all the time

1 Like

The mode is complete trash, it’s nothing but high-rolling RNG. I’ve gotten to 5.5k and every time I get close to 6k my hero choices are trash and my draw are always the worst.

I won’t give any money to Hearthstone at all.

1 Like

Just play and ignore the rating aspect.

At least, unlike constructed, you dont have to face the same netdecks.

2 Likes