Can't Reconnect to a Solo Adventure

I was playing a solo adventure on mobile, and my game froze completely as the next challenge in the adventure was loading. I waited a few minutes to see if the problem would fix itself, but the game stayed frozen so I closed the app. After relaunching the game, a message was displayed that said “You were reconnected to your last game. Resuming…” However, after waiting more than ten minutes I was still not reconnected to my game. I have tried relaunching the app multiple times on both mobile and PC, but every time I do so, I remain stuck on the “Resuming…” screen indefinitely, which makes all game modes and features inaccessible, and so I am effectively locked out of the game entirely. Please help!

Update: about two hours after making this report I was able to access Hearthstone normally again. However, when I returned to the solo adventure the same thing happened again and so I am once again locked out of the game entirely. The solo adventure in question is puzzle #4 from the Electra Stormsurge Lethal Puzzle set in the Boomsday Project Puzzle Lab.

1 Like

This is getting a little worrying now. Can someone please reach out from the dev team to please acknowledge this problem and shed light on when a hotfix might be available? This issue has been going on for nearly a month now, and a patch has even come out since without even any mention of the problem …

Hey, bro, there’s been an update: Electra Stormsurge Puzzle 4/6 Stuck - CRITICAL GAME LOCK - #30 by GnomeSayin-11972