Can't queue games on mobile data (but can login fine!)

Android phone (Galaxy S21), relatively new. Have been playing Hearthstone just fine the past month or so. Can load the game and get to the main menu fine, but recently having days where the queue fails to start a ranked or tavern brawl game. Then I get the message:

Oops! We were unable to start a game for you. Please try again.

It isn’t account specific because it has happened with two different accounts (Americas server).

Tweet attached for reference: https://twitter.com/BlueSpartan1437/status/1403137949542256640

This happens multiple tries in a row. I noticed the “back” button disappears but the wheel continues to spin and no game is ever started. It takes about 5 minutes for the game to timeout and display the message. I’ve spend almost an hour, restarting my phone and the app, but nothing seems to make a difference. I can’t start any games (but have no problem logging in, accessing the menu, making/changing decks). Just can’t play until I return to my home wifi! Then it queues every time!

Please advise what I can do about this so I can play Hearthstone during my walks again!

1 Like

i have the same problem

Here’s what I learned today. I connected to a game, then turned off my wifi during mulligan. Took me out of my game to a login screen. But it wouldn’t log on, told me “too many tries, try again later”. Turned wifi back on, I’m back into the game (missed turn 1 though). Finished the game.

Turned off wifi again. Can’t login anymore. Went to a browser, same thing. Tried a different phone browser, same thing. Reset my account under support (option: account is locked), entered the code from my email, fails like before. Password is right, when I got back home I was able to login fine.

So basically what I learned is, something is broken with the new authentication. Something about swapping networks and it doesn’t know who you are and you can’t connect to a game. I guess it swaps servers between the menu and a game and that’s involved somehow.

I can’t believe Blizzard didn’t test mobile play on 5G before releasing the changes. smh

Have more or less the same issue, I think my error message is slightly different though but otherwise identical. I wouldn’t hold your breath for a fix though - I’ve seen variants of the connecting on mobile internet problem going back a looooooong time on this forum and I’m pretty sure it’s not being fixed.

So I was able to play 2 games at the doctor’s office without turning on wifi. I was surprised. I can’t imagine this is related to walking in one neighborhood. But I wonder what causes it to not work on my walks or at home with wifi off… unless they fixed something yesterday.