Can't launch the game without a temporary fix

Hello,

I have been suffered from this issue maybe too long (at least for 2 months) hoping to get a fix from the future update. I should have reported earlier. Anyway,

You get the ‘Closed (with the playful sprites)’ error message upon game launch and can’t continue to play. To solve this, you need to delete ‘options.txt’ in the directory below then restart Hearthstone.

C:\Users\ your windows user name\AppData\Local\Blizzard\Hearthstone

However, the issue will return as soon as you change Graphics Quality from Medium to High on Hearthstone. You need to do the exact same task every time you play the game.

I can stay away from the issue if I stick to medium quality setting but it is such a poor experience when you are limited to the low framerate.

what I have done in order to fix (none of the list works) :
-remove decktracker.
-clear battle.net cache.
-reinstall Hearthstone.

I really hope to know a permanent fix for the issue, thank you.

1 Like

I second his but in a less contructive tone that the OP.

Well, I just want this issue gone.

Hey there,

Does the same behavior happen in a new admin account? Each windows user will have different \AppDat\ folders. This test will tell us if the problem is related to the Windows user profile, or software on the PC.

Thanks for reaching out! Let us know how things go.

I have taken the suggestion and tried Hearthstone. Apparently the new admin account does not have the issue. I guess it means the issue is related to the profile as you mentioned.

What is the next step? Don’t tell me that I need to utilze another Windows account for the game. :stuck_out_tongue: