Can you nerf Counterspell and Objection secrets?

Tired of these 2 Op secrets at least buff their mana cost.

1 Like

Put something into your deck which can be sacrificed… bite them…

By design you can’t change the cost of a secret.
Secrets’ cost is bound to the class they are from.
If you change the cost of a secret within a class it will become possible to identify said secret by just checking how much mana your opponent spent.

Countering Counterspell - use the Coin or a spell you don’t care about.
Countering Objection - same, but with a creature.

It seems counter-intuitive to burn a card this way but remember, that mage just wasted 3 mana or a turn to drop that secret. You play around, they have wasted resources. You can play around Blademaster Okani the same way if you don’t just kill him first.

And there’s always hate. If you’re playing lots of Secret Mages, just drop an Eater of Secrets into your deck if you’re in Twist or Wild.

1 Like

Those methods only really work for standard
In wild they don’t waste that much mana when they can play secrets for free, have normally stated minions drawing them or putting them in play directly from the deck.
The secret is not the only problem as it unlocks several synergies for the mage like dropping 0 mana 5/5 and 6/6 on turn 2 or 3 when on a highroll. You want to deal with these threats but have to waste ressources on the secrets, then you don’t have cards/mana to deal with the threat. Then they play yet another secret that you will have to remove first before dealing with the minions. Not even accounting the fact that you can’t know for sure what secret they just played. Thought it was counterspell ? wrong, it’s rigged faire game, they will draw 3 cards and you just wasted your coin to test it and you won’t have it next turn for the actual counterspell.
Not raging about the deck btw. I think it’s highly frustrating to play against it and they should do something in that regard but that’s it.

Sadly not a good idea. Objection has the priority on eater of secrets. Just like counterspell has the priority on flare.

3 Likes

Leo/Phen

Can we nerf you already?

1 Like

objection might be the worst card in the game.

I would prefer BY FAR if the effect of the “objection” was to strip the card of all effects (battlecry, deathrattle, buffs, mana reductions, etc) but the minion would continue to exist.

and/or

you at least get your mana back from having played your card.

objection is too powerful on its own.

1 Like

Maybe way back when when secrets were much more difficult to weave in or put into play. Idk if any mage ever plays a 3 mana secret nowadays, usually it’s reduced cost or sometimes even free in many ways.

I think Objection and Counterspell in a vacuum are great cards as part of a “normal” mage deck. But Secret Mage is overpowered due to the synergies, such as dropping big minions that you then can’t respond to.

3 Likes

I would make objection counter the second minion played in a turn. Messes with combos and board swings, but doesn’t feel as bad.

2 Likes