Can’t access hearthstone app

I tried to access my app on my Samsung tablet yesterday and it wouldn’t load. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting the tablet and when it would ask me to log in, it appears to “freeze”, not loading a log in box. I downloaded the authentication but nothing has changed.

5 Likes

Same happens when I get to the sign in screen.

1 Like

same for me. Samsung Galaxy Tab A10.1

2 Likes

game is broken, freezes at the bar doors

I want compensation ASAP

I cannot open up my new updated window on my tablet for Hearthstone it doesn’t work I reinstalled and he fell back in and it still won’t work very sad

Samsung a11 too. Frezze when log in. Android 11

I haven’t been able to open hearthstone on my iphone since the day I updated the new Hearthstone expansion. I have tried deleting it and redownloading it. Doing that and restarting my phone before downloading and yet no difference. My app closes before it even starts to load up and open. Need help!

1 Like

Same blizzard doesn’t care I’ve already posted about it

Alright, so I may have a solution for some of you. I have an iPhone 12 and the game wouldn’t start. After trying to start it, I’d see the Hearthstone logo briefly and then it would just take me back to the home screen. I dug through my phone’s logs and found out why it was crashing. It had a null value for the “device_region” being passed in as configuration data in a format that didn’t allow null values.

To fix it, I went to Settings > General > Language & Region. In Region, it already was showing United States, but I tapped on it anyway and it brought up a list of countries. I tapped United States again and it looked like it reset it. When I went back and tried to start Hearthstone, it fired up! Hopefully that’s the same problem some of you are having as well. I’m not sure how that got region got tweaked/corrupted/???

Now, if this doesn’t work for you and you want to investigate further, here’s what I did to find the error on a Macbook (Not sure about what to do on Windows):

1. Start Hearthstone and let it crash.
  2. Plug your phone into your computer
  3. Open the Console app on your computer
  4. Select your phone under Devices
  5. You should see a list of messages. In the little bar above the messages, there are two options on the left: All Messages & Errors and Faults. Select Errors & Faults.
  6. I found a Fault (red circle in the Type column) for “hearthstone” (in the Process column)
  7. This was the error I had: Attempt to set a non-property-list object as an NSUserDefaults/CFPreferences value for key storedConfig
  8. In the object (which looks like a JSON object if you’re familiar with that), one of the values (the values are after = signs), one looked like this: "swrve.device_region" = "<null>"; Since these property-list type objects cannot contain a null value, this was causing the app to crash.

If you don’t have the same problem that I did, maybe this will help you track down what the problem is. Good luck.

2 Likes

Hey there HaxleRose,

Thanks for this information about what worked for you. I see that the developers are looking into what’s going on and were looking for some further information. I have passed this along to them in hopes it helps.

I’m curious if anyone else can also check this to see if it helps them too? Knowing that may help them figure it out so they can address it or at least use as a workaround in the mean time.

1 Like

Ironthorne, I put more information in this thread: Hearthstone Crashing Upon Start on iOS

I explained the exact reason why it was crashing in there and I’m sure that will be useful for the devs.

Thank HaxleRose, that worked. You a king

Got the same problem in UK, any solution?

Hi, any solution from Blizzard?

Same thing is happening to me. I’ve tried everything under the sun to try and fix the issue. Still nothing works.

I have Android. Since today’s patch, I cannot get past loading doors with HS spiral flashing. Crashes and the code on the top right is different every time.

HS: NT304:303:0

Update. Played some LoR and TFT, now it works. Weird.

2 Likes

HaxleRose’s solution worked like a charm. I have Iphone 12 pro and started having this issue starting update 21.0.88998