Bug with Setesh in ToT

Problem: Setesh’s Hero Power/the resulting enchantment is broken.

I was taking upwards of 10(!) damage at the end of my turn when there were no cursed minions on board. My turn just before the damage killed me, I had a Pyros on board that was cursed and also had Reborn. I traded it into the enemy which gave me a fresh Pyros. Yet I still took 10 damage, taking me from 2 to -8.

I don’t know what caused it. The passive stuff involved included:

• Wrath Plague Lord effect
  • Anomaly that shuffles 1 copy of dead minions back into deck (The dead minions were also maintaining attack totals once drawn, I saw Pharaoh Cats with 3/2 stats)
  • Treasure that shuffles 2 1-mana copies of a played minion into the deck
  • Treasure that gives Deathrattle minions Reborn

My guess is it was the Anomaly messing up somehow. But either way it’s annoying that I lost because I took way more than 2 damage multiple turns in a row, through no fault of my own. Hopefully this gets fixed so other players won’t end up having time wasted on things they paid for with bugged runs.

3 Likes

That’d sounds correct, though it’s difficult to say that the anomaly itself is broken and not just the enchantment. From what I’ve seen, minions returned to the deck by that anomaly retain enchantments. It’s not written on the card but it seems intended considering the effort needed for an effect like that to work.

Enchantments that apply triggered effects aren’t supposed to fire while the attached card is in the deck, but it seems nothing inherently prevents them from doing so. Each one presumably has to be hard coded to check, but this one got overlooked. Similar issues have been reported in the past between Corrupting Mist and Immortal Prelate.

Hello Blizzard,

Are you ever going to fix this glitch? Just had it happen to me a fight away from the boss. I know this doesn’t make you money so will probably be placed at the end of your to-do list. So many solo adventures never updated after patches or fixed. Sucks for the people that actually pay for these expansions.

Sorry to rant on your post OP, but it was the only one I found on the subject matter. I’m sure it happens to a lot more people but they either don’t care to report it or don’t realize it happens.

1 Like

Just happened to me as well. No anomaly this time, so I think it’s just the enchantment

1 Like

Same here. Happened to me twice both with and without anomaly.

I’m Trying to beat heroic Halls of Origination, but with this guy in the way it is near impossible.

Every turn’s end 4 or 8 damage gets dealt regardless of whether there’s cursed minion or not.

Considering that reports of issues with Setesh seem to have spiked in the last few days, it seems that a different issue was introduced in 16.0 besides the one that affected OP. Perhaps they tried to fix it and ended up breaking it worse.

I’ve been experiencing the same issue with no anomalies active. (Disks of Swiftness and that minion death to armor converter treasure) at one point Seteshs hero power chewed through 12 points of armor when there were no minions on the board at all.

Same here. It only happens to me on Heroic though i havent tried anomaly.

Happened to me as well, no special effects just the boss’ hero power clearly marking graveyard cards as active, super annoying to take like 14 damage a turn with no cursed minions in play.

Also had this on normal mode. Even with no minions on the board I mysteriously took a lot of damage at the end of the turn. Cost me my run… Please fix Blizzard. People pay for this, so they should get quality.

1 Like

Same here. Ran into this issue twice on herioc at boss 7. Super annoying…
Didnt have anomaly mode on
No minions on the board, but still got 4-12 damage per turn with no reference to minion attack

1 Like

Hello??? Blizzard? Are you going to fix this?!

This happened to me twice today. It is incredibly frustrating to get almost to the end of the run and then lose because of a bug. I was not running anomaly mode. In this most recent run, I had the treasure that restores two health at the end of your turn. This treasure did not work on Setesh. So, not only was I losing health every time whether or not I had a cursed minion on the board, I was not gaining health from this treasure. Blizzard please fix this bug. You have apparently known about it for months and done nothing.

1 Like

Welp, this is STILL happening to me, too! The person who made this thread! Just now encountered Setesh and yup, same problem two months later. Luckily I managed to beat the boss this time just by rushing him down but it’s stupid that I have to even employ that tactic.

Why not just get rid of the boss until he’s fixed??? Okay fine, “figuring out how enchantment make good guy get boo-boo hard 2 fix :(((((”. I get that. But if the encounter is just BS, take him out of the pool! Don’t just give people an even bigger chance to auto-lose based on what boss they get if it’s not their fault at all they’re taking stacked, guaranteed damage from playing minions. You can’t play around that except by rushing the boss down which is not the playstyle this boss should encourage.

The boss is supposed to be based around killing off your minions strategically so that you don’t take too much damage from the end-of-turn “curse” enchantment.

EDIT/Update! Just lost to Setesh again! For some reason when I healed I didn’t take damage from previous friendly minions that had been cursed, dunno what happened there. But I’ll just keep track of every time I lose so everyone knows exactly how many attempts at the Plague Lord Team 5 has cheated me out of by not having the wherewithal to get rid of this boss, as well as the amount of time wasted.

1 Like

I just encountered this issue as well…these solo rounds are pretty time consuming to keep trying with that kind of bug present. I can’t win with 8-12 damage per round.

I just encountered this issue right now. No anomaly. My cursed minions were all either Rat Packs or Rats directly spawned from cursed Rat Packs. Every time one was cursed, I traded it with an enemy minion immediately. However, after five turns, I looked down and happened to notice, just as I was taking the last tick of 12 damage, that I was dead. It happened so quickly that I didn’t even notice I was taking damage before then. None of his minions got any attacks off, and he didn’t cast a single damaging spell - the only damage he got off was his hero power.

Basically, all of the runs I did to make it to that point feel like a complete waste of time.

This happened. Anomaly gives me 2 armor per spell cast. No shuffles at all. Just cursed a cursed minion twice and since I play heroic, 4 dmg per curse. Just, don’t let him curse a cursed minion of you’ll take damage forever. Would share a video but “sOrrY, yOu cAnT inCluDe LinKs”.

2 Likes

Same here. Not only that guy has incredibly annoying never dying minions so not even four ragnaroses and 3 malygoses help you win but you take damage from nowhere. That’s not heroic, that’s just a lazy devs difficulty.

1 Like

Same here, Heroic and no anomaly mode! please fix!

Bug still not fixed after months of being flagged. Is anyone working over there in Blizz? This is a major bug and nothing is being done. Too bad the quality of Blizzard games is going down.