Broken buddy system makes battleground unplayable

Is it just me or has the buddy system in battlegrounds totally messing up the whole meta?

I usually play casually, between phone calls at work or before bed. Its fun, its strategic, its chill. This new update is killing the fun, as a casual, everyday player. The heros become so unbelievably unbalanced with their buddies being of different tiers when we all can get them about the same time. You can get hit with double the damage, than before, if you lose a match. Just bc of their high tiered buddy.

Its seriously getting me to quit playing the game, it is not fun anymore because you have zero chance against some of the heros and their buddies. Before this, I’d usually end up in the top four or at least in the middle. Thats feels almost impossible now. It sucks

It’s intentional to make hero picks more p2w

1 Like

It is also pre-made content that they don’t have to spend any development dollars on.

They just throw them in, and a month later adjust hero armour rather than changing the way buddies work to the current tribes/minions.

If anything, buddies make the less playable heros somewhat tolerable. The issue is that the better heros also have good buddies so the discrepancy in balance is still huge between heros.

Anyways, battlegrounds is far too random to be competitive or taken seriously anyways.

Yeah i get that too, its to make us buy the pass. But i refuse since they changed the currency. It just sucks