Brann -> Rat should NOT be a thing

Rat is okay on its own but having Brann cast it twice while Warrior runs it twice in the deck is abysmal. You simply can’t play around it. No matter how many minions you hold this will force a concede. Rat is annoying enough on its own. Why must it be more annoying.

Literally who thought this is interesting design. Either nerf the Rat to a more appropriate cost or stats, or remove it from Core, or nerf Brann.

2 Likes

In some decks i’m happy when warrior plays rat lol.

Sure it sucks if your wincon gets ripped but its good there counters

Oh yeah, I really love when my warlock get ratted. It is hilarious to watch the panic when my fat heavy taunt deathrattle/charge demons hit the board. You see juggling with the cards in hand, looking for answer, then rope starts burning followed by concede of my opponent :rofl: :rofl:
By the way, when this happens never forget to hit “thank you” button followed by “Well played” when you see your opponent face explode :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Absolutely, works every time xD

Increases win rate by at least 5%

1 Like

It’s actually pretty risky and gimmicky. Think about it. Half the time Brann is not drawn and some of the times it hits it minion the can’t remove

To be fair when rat was released, it was great design. It was a card that, just like today, could destroy your opponents battlecry plans, think cthun old school.

But unlike today, there was a major down side to using rat, if you pulled say death wing, and you didn’t have the resources to clear it, you basically handed your opponent the win. Basically, it punished bad plays.

In today’s Hearthstone, there’s nearly zero down side to playing dirty rat other than the opportunity cost of paying 2 mana for a 2/6 taunt, which by today’s standard is below value. Lol.

This game we have today and the game we had when dirty rat was printed are nearly incomparable, with today’s Hearthstone being so broken in so many ways it’s not really worth diving into.

2 Likes

A Reno deck. Running a two of. Hmmm.

ETC

No.

It was the first sign of once more or less ‘great design’ deteriorating.

By the way, like the Deathlord, it was mostly a bad card suitable for occasional trolling if a lucky moment, suitable for Trolden’s video, happens.

Not really… It’s mostly ‘meh’.

That Deepminer one is a problem.

Even if you run a bunch of Plagues, it is guaranteed :grinning: to dodge them, enter on turn 6 and instantly destroy the opponent’s hero.

Yep, making it something like 15 mana would probably be reasonable.

you are totally right , this design as i said in another post is very lame and this interaction should just NOT exist in the game .