Bomb Warrior is the new hope for the class

It can mess up OTK decks so much that we might see a control deck back to the game. I see a lot of potential for this archetype, but not sure it’s enough to create a control meta (first in the history of HS) though.

How do you think about this new deck?

4 Likes

The only OTK that is (directly) disrupted by Bomb Warrior is Mecha’thun. And Mecha’thun does not really look all that viable at the moment, given that the things that made Druid, Warlock, and Priest Mecha’thun work are all rotating. The only Mecha’thun deck which (currently) looks viable post-rotation is actually… another Warrior deck.

EDIT: Does anyone know what is the mana cost of the new Warrior Bombs? Because if they’re 1 mana, you could possibly negate both Bombs and Corrupted Bloods with one Skulking Geist-like minion.

1 Like

I think it’s gonna be a blast.

10 Likes

Don’t try stand up comedy, Wardrum… you’d probably bomb.

6 Likes

It probably uses the same one Seaforium Bomber uses. So, 5 mana Bomb with 5 dmg (on new Warrior card Clockwork Goblin, it says the bomb deals 5 dmg also).

1 Like

It does look enjoyable as a deck to play in standard after rotation. How powerful will it be doesnt come from these Warrior cards though, itll be determined by what every class ends up getting. Cause whoever gets the best cards is who runs the meta.

Everyone else plays to counter etc etc. But yes, I see Warrior atleast standing on it’s own 2 feet so far an not total garbage.

I like it, but considering we only get 10 cards per set and a lot of Warrior cards are rotating, Bomb Warrior could end up being the class. Meaning if you plan to play Warrior on ladder next expansion, you’re playing Bomb Warrior.

I’m not sure how I feel about that. Right now we’re funneled into Odd, Quest and Rush, which already feels like limited choice. I’d like to see more all-rounder cards for each class which let us branch off into a whole range of archetypes than have pre-determined deck themes made for us.

3 Likes

I typically like deck types like this, where you have a mechanic that keeps paying off to something later (i.e. “Give your C’thun +x/+x”). Plus, can think of some fun combos already, at least in Wild. Play Blastmaster, destroy your Blood Razor, play Blood Brothers, then next turn play Animated Berzerker, then Blastmaster again… I’m excited. This guy might be my first Legendary craft!

correct me if im wrong, but berserker wont trigger on the bombs, you’d just damage your Boom.

i can see the wild version of it with dead mans hand and coldlight oracle

Edit: Btw let me add this: History has proven that such archetypes arent the mostly enjoyable for the community.

1 Like

Rush Warrior is still mostly intact. Dragons are an option. So is a Mech control Warrior.

3 Likes

You have to remember, that in order for a combo deck to win the player usually has to cycle trough most of their deck before getting anything done. Before that they are just trying to survive. That might prove difficult with so many bombs in your deck.

1 Like

Very excited.

First thing I’ll try with Warrior for sure. In Wild I’ll add Iron Juggernaut too.

1 Like

All I’m gonna say is that archvillain rafaam is starting to make more sense and I will willingly leap headfirst into any excuse to craft a golden rafaam to go with my golden renounces :smiley:

I wonder if bombs will merge with a hakkar deck for war?

This is what I imagined Warrior was getting in Boomsday. Elekk has another class to be played in, which is great since I crafted 2.

In Wild with Brann and Coldlight Oracle would you run this package with Baku?

Oh you might be right. So it only damages the minions you play from your hand, not the summoned minions?

I was already planning a Hakkar warrior build. Now, with this…?

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 Like

I just want to see this in your wild Juggernaut warrior deck!!!

1 Like

Keep in mind the Juggernauts mines wont count towards the number of bots summoned by Boom. Still has synergy, just not as good as it otherwise would be.

You know what Blizz should do?

Change Juggernaut’s mechanic into adding bomb instead of mine. And allowing people to refund at full cost :slight_smile:

1 Like