Bomb Warrior is the new hope for the class

I didn’t think they did. Theman just has a nice juggernaut fatigue warrior that would really benefit from these new cards as they synergize well with cards he already has in there.

1 Like

It’s a fresh new archetype. The shame is that it’s being somewhat forcefully created; all the cards for it are Warrior only, and it doesn’t seem to take into consideration existing bomb/mine cards in its synergy. If it’s not viable, every bomb card is pretty much going to be scrap, and future cards probably won’t be able to bring it back. Unless Warrior receives some kind of double-battlecry or bonus shuffles card, I don’t see them releasing new cards after this expac that will help this archetype any.

That being said, it looks genuinely fun. I wonder how many bombs need to be shuffled in in one game for the deck to be effective? How many need to show up for the warrior to be able to justify all these lower tempo cards? If it gets the tools to survive aggro, will it have the resources to go long against the OTK decks it looks like this is trying to kill?

2 Likes

I’m not sure it’s the case though.

I mean, even with just 5 cards (boom, 2xWeapon, 2x bomb minion) it already represents 2 solid late game threats.

In short, instead of being a full blown “archetype”, it looks more like a late game threat “package”.

It’s not like jade (as an example) that required 10 cards to even work, but it’s more like Nzoth that simply enhanced the rest of the deck.

It gives you 2 “win conditions” (boom+bomb damage) one of which semi-counters the traditional bad matchup of control warrior (combo will usually have heavy draw).

I am not excited that much for this deck but maybe its fun. Its kinda rng,when opponent draws the bombs and such.
And then you buff your dr bomb like you did buff the old mechatun and also jan,alai to some extend and then hope that it wins when it hits the board. I don’t like this specific mechanic that much,though even shudder can be seen as the same mechanic to some extend.
Play all sorts of buffs during the game and then win with the 1 card that got buffed. I don’t know somehow it has not that much debt but some of the cards like shudder they are fun. Maybe this will be to but I am a bit skeptical.

They’re 5, I think everyone’s 1st thought was Geist / Hemet-away the bombs for CPlay. I know my first thought was Hemet they prob cost 3 or less then I saw that massive 5 and realized devs accounted for bomb-delete and made them 5.

There are other OTK’s disrupted by bomb…potentially disrupted or partially…I’m thinking shadowstep coldlight Rogue does-not want to healbot let alone spirit healbot. I’m thinking if you can get 2 bombs in their deck…it may force the rogue to react to those bombs by healbot instead of proactive play.

The goal would be to get shadowstep light to react to your bombs instead of setting up and executing its Sprit/Brann OTK turn.