BM is a problem

why do so many people BM at high ranks? like wow is pretty crazy the amount of people that say " thank you" or w/e after a completely one sided game.

4 Likes

If you don’t thank your opponent for the XP, that’s the real BM.

13 Likes

I say thanks or well played whether I win or lose after every game, didn’t know being polite was BM

15 Likes

Some folks are so emotionally charged after a match they disliked that any words or display from their opponent feels like they’re getting kicked while they’re down.

As someone who can get pretty salty from time to time, it’s an understandable thing. That boils down to management of personal emotions though.

7 Likes

I can get salty now and again to be fair but I don’t think I would be that bothered unless I could tell them were intentionally bm’ing

Even if they are, the most healthy response is generally something along the lines of “Yeah yeah, enjoy your win, douchebag” and then move on to the next match.

In my experience (and that of my favorite streamers) the moment you stop taking HS lightly, it all just spirals downward into suckville. Keeping that in mind is important in not getting yourself all riled up or psyched out.

4 Likes

and some people don’t understand what good sportsmanship is.

I think that gets easier to do with age, you tend to care less the older you get.

3 Likes

A random person on the internet not acting with absolute tip-top etiquette?

This is my surprised face :neutral_face:

4 Likes

so why are you defending them??

Where did I defend them?

i am going to assume you didn’t mean to just be purposely antagonistic. i try to give you the benefit of the doubt since you post so much.

My point was that taking a more lighthearted approach up tends to help when encountering emoters.

i mean they could also just add a mass squelch. blizzard could fix literally every problem in the game they choose not to.

Yeah, they really could. Plenty of other games have it or something similar.

They must hate us an awful lot.

i dont mean to be insulting but you will take that way, you cant really be this ignorant can you?

He’s being sarcastic, Blue.

But on topic: The emotes have no intent other than what any individual ascribes to them. If you consider them BM, it seems to be more about what one brings to the game than what the game brings.

I have no idea what they mean, but I assume they are good faith and move on. It’s a game.

yes i know, i don’t believe that that wardrum believes the implication, that blizzared does care.

what does thank you at the end of a game mean? you can say it means well played, but why do they have well played?

A bit out of context, but wouldn’t it be nice to be able to commend your opponent after a game with a button or something, and grant them a bit of gold or exp?

Anyway, BM also tilts me REAL hard, like it gets me really angry sometimes. But honestly? I kinda have to think that they chose to BM in on game of hundreds. If they can’t help but be sore winners, it speaks volumes about their insecurity (even more when they friend-request you to harass). Then i just feel pity, for an instant, then move on.

But anyways: GIVE US AUTOSQUELCH

1 Like

…It means thank you. As in, appreciate the chance to play.

Any interpretation is an assumption because you aren’t actually talking to the person. As such, one can choose to take it how one will. I can’t say someone is right or wrong in their assessment because it’s an assumption.

They haven’t given us a middle finger emote to make clear the intent of BM, so each player can decide what they think their opponent meant.

3 Likes