Blizzards love affair with Paladin

I’ve always been a fan of the Paladin class, but one thing I do not like is an “everything” deck. Paladin has aggro, removal, and then if you get to turn 7 or later they have big minions, and they’ll draw those big minions at will simply by reordering their deck. Oh, and why not healing too?

So yeah, a little strong. Still less toxic than Rogue, Druid, Warlock, and Priest though. If I’m going to lose, I’d rather get overpowered by an opponent I’m interacting with. At least Paladin decks aren’t uninteractive.

In other news, aggro paladin will make quick work of the tavern brawl this week for anyone who just wants a win and move on game.

Diamond - Legend
Only 3 decks at Tier 1
All Paladin decks

Paladin players:

Is this THE MOST class polarizing meta we’ve ever seen?

When in the history of HS has a single class occupied the ONLY Tier 1 decks and had 3 different ones with a 4th one in Tier 2 lurking its way up?

Never, right? Like this is the most unbalanced the game has been overall in favor of 1 class. Even DH release, as broken as it was, only had like 2 decks.

This is the most privilege a class has EVER had as far as I can remember.

5 Likes

Ethics in a video game about wizards and dragons and almost always half-naked murlocs, particularly one where they often do cartoony things and wacky stories like Reno being actually a dragon or we have big tauren rock stars.

Ok buddy :joy:

Nah. I’m just explaining why they are overpowered. Ethics or “should” have nothing to do with it.

I used the term paladin facts, because I call those things the same way I’d call the law of gravity a fact. There’s nothing inherently ethical or supremacist about it.

One of my posts even hinted at how one might change this: rework the paladin class. Dramatically. Another idea is to change the basic rules of HS gameplay, such that paladin’s normal play style isn’t the easiest/best. But that’s akin to reworking the laws of physics though.

I smile at the carnage of every class. This game is mostly about everybody trying to pull off their carnage on the other guy.

If you’re mage you try to pull off spell carnage
Druid try to pull off carnage with ramp
Rogues do combo miracle carnage
Lock carnage involves anything from curses to burning your cards to stealing your health etc

Are paladins winning too much with their board centric carnage? Sure, and I don’t think you’ll find me ever saying don’t nerf them. But that’s separate from what I’ve been saying that paladins perform because their playstyle fits snugly with the rules of HS. That won’t change whether paladin win rates are 60+% or back to 50% after nerfs or even sub 40% if they gut the class (big if there)

The way I see it, my way is the opposite of being a supremacist. I tolerate the carnage of every class, including paladins. I can separate their win rates (which will be adjusted via balance changes) from the nature of their class as being straight forward (which won’t change without reworks)

I can accept that there is going to be one class that does unga bunga on the board without resorting to insulting their players as brainless or detached from reality.

But you go on characterizing me as “actual Paladin defender” when again, nowhere have I said not to nerf paladins. Surly yes me, the one who isn’t slandering people with lies, is the one without “ethics”

1 Like

i love how DH disappeared completely for having one deck that works while all of paladin’s archetypes are still top decks

2 Likes

Your message is completely incoherent. I don’t think you have any principles at all. I think you’re just trying to say stuff that sounds good.

Paladin is just a more balanced mech rogue (in that it doesnt create stealth minions). Its one of the few board based minion decks left in the game… nerf it and then what? Fire druid… Sif mage… Odyn. Naga/spell dk? I cant think of anything more boring.

I have to scratch my head at Prismatic Beam. It’s a card that goes completely against how Paladin is supposed to play out according to design. Having a sweeper in Paladin is powerful enough but making it cheaper the wider your opponent goes is kind of silly. Keepers Strength was already a powerful card that felt more in line with Paladin needing presence on board for such a card. This card feels like a mistake and is going to plague Paladin design for the next year IMO.

1 Like

Its way more toxic than any of these classes which suck hard currently

Give it prison breaker treatment 2 dmg. Problem solved. Or make it 10 mana. Card would be dead and it’s better that way it’s played in every standard paladin deck. Heck tge hole holy spell package needs nerfs as it’s played in every standard deck and every current aggro paladin wild decks. That speaks for itself. It’s the core of paladin being broken. Not the countess or anything else.

1 Like

I’ll be surprised if they go beyond next year with any tournaments. The only reason they’d keep it now is to maintain some sort of interest in the game itself, but it’s not what it used to be, and, as you point out, who wants to watch decks like Pally play out or some others? It was fun to watch because we are watching pros, which they still are, but the game has a much lower skill ceiling, watching any plays being made is boring.

If streaming wasn’t a thing, I doubt it would still be around. The only reason I’ll probably watch it if I even remember is because one of the streamers I watch is in it.

I dunno, to me, any deck that wins by dominating the board with no mana cheating or endless repetition of minions with infinite resources is about the most honest, non toxic deck there is.

Plus I’ve harped on the GAME aspect of hearthstone in other threads. When I play Paladin, I’m probably losing, but it’s an actual game. Both me and my opponent will interact with each other and play until someone is reduced to zero HP. Whereas with many of these other decks, what I do doesn’t matter, they are going to either draw their combo and win, or fail to draw it and concede. I’ll never hate a deck that actually makes a game out of Heaerthstone rather than a spectator sport where I’m just watching a guy play solitaire.

1 Like

According to HSReplay, the win rate of the highest and the lowest are:

Number 1 - Paladin - 57.3%
Number 11 - Demon Hunter - 36.7%

GG

Haha paladin with no mana cheating? Yeah right honest af. 0 mana 3 dmg to all, zero mana 5/5 buff with divine shield. Andbthe countess on top of that. No mana cheating whatsoever. Just playing stats on curve right? No one sided voard wipes for zero mana. Honest pure paladin xD you gotta be playing paladin because this is a lot of bullcrap.

6 Likes

Countess, Prismatic Beam, Garden’s Grace, ~Boogie Down.

2 Likes

iT dOeS FaIr ThInGs!!1

3 Likes

Like I said before, people are in denial about Paladin. It’s so weird.

4 Likes

why would a class not try to win?thats what "carnage "means right ?

By people, you mean the Paladin supremacists? :slight_smile:

I’m goi g to use that term now. I like it and it’s fitting.

3 Likes

They’ve been oddly silent since data started being provided.

They were up in arms in droves a week or so ago with the change to Order in the Court. Now, there’s only like 1 or 2 posting or commenting about it.

In several other threads, I even outright called them out telling them just to acknowledge the imbalance.

Not a whisper.

They KNOW it’s broken, they just don’t want to admit it. The closest they came was saying “well I expect you to be up in arms next time Mage or Hunter is broken”.

Haven’t seen a single Paladin main yet on these forums admit their class is beyond busted. They simply won’t do it.

1 Like