Blizzard/Hearthstone

I feel like your game Hearthstone is blasphemy on the Earth because it doesn’t serve the will of Light. Can you tell me if it is or not with a “Yes,” or “No”?

3 Likes

most people on earth are not Light worshippers I would hazard to guess
but to a Light worshipper? I guess there aren’t that many Holy spell cards or followers in the game so maybe?

1 Like

By The Holy Light!

I knew most of the people I’ve come across that were acting sus were secretly shadow cultists!

Stay strong, brothers and sisters, and fight with honor!

For justice!

Ehm…can someone fill me in please?

Atheist here but still thought I had somewhat a clue around the major religions on our planet. What is the “will of Light” and how is a card game in any way held responsible to it?

Is this some internal joke or WoW roleplay I’m missing?

The very short version is: The Holy Light is the good cosmic power in the warcraft universe. It used to be a more active/sentient force in the universe, but has been retconned to a more passive/latent power that good aligned beings draw upon.

Notice the next time you’re playing a game, someone(s) will make reference to “The Light” in some fashion. Characters like good priests, paladins, etc draw their power directly from there (think a Jedi and The Force as a very rough parallel), while dark powers come from the shadow…look up wowpedia (one of the fandom wikis) for a more complete dive on the wow cosmology. It would literally take several paragraphs to try and spell the whole deal out here as it currently sits, it’s a whole complicated mess at this point, but it does manage to sit on a single picture (also on the wowpedia site) that you can eventually work through if you take the time.

All the lore posted there is linked from official sources, so if you’re looking for a quick reference for something, someone, etc from wow’s history it’s a good place to check out.

No, not to a Light worshipper.
The will of Light is in our bones, and flowing through all skeletal structures with a beating heart. It’s something you can feel in the comfort of your home when you turn on a light. It’s something you can feel during the day. The sun.

It’s the reason we are alive.

It’s not suppose to be about religion, or religious belief, or stigmatization. Sure, you can go that route with science and tingly feelings or whatnot, but it’s not.
It’s more about telling the truth.
Atheist or not, we all have a belief and are made of love.

Thank you for the update. I must feel.

1 Like

O…k. Thank both you and Boba for your answers. I will now slowly back away and leave you to your faith.

2 Likes

Yeah… o o o O O O (Faith) (Has Its) (Own Stigmatization)
In Our Bones

1 Like

I’m not really a paladin, I just larp every now and then as one on the forums!

; )

Also, welcome!

Edit:

Sounds very much like some early 2000s stuff. Thanks for the nostalgia.

: )

1 Like