Blizzard is scaling back the Quest increases?

https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/im-so-sick-of-games-that-shoot-themselves-in-the-foot-just-to-boost-phoney-player-engagement-numbers/

Happened to see this. Is there an official post regarding this?

2 Likes

Seems like typical door-slam psychology to me.
You still have to work harder for barely any increase in reward.

2 Likes

Anchoring bias. Common negotiation tactic, you start from an absurd number then when you come back with a high number it all of a sudden doesn’t look so bad.

They went nuts and increased things by 3x for marginal increase in reward. Then they went okay, look, we moved it back, so all’s good right?

No, you made everything worse with zero upside.

2 Likes

actual lie
you can’t say there’s 0 upside when there’s a 25% reward increase, and when there’s 0 downside for some players.
You’re already judging their adjustment without knnowing the new numbers.

Hey Mallenroh:
I was responding to your other post about pirates, but since you deleted it, I leave my text here:

If you are referring to the deck that use the pirate who steals 2 cards from your hand or 5 from your deck. I’ve been playing it and still consider it a meme deck, because the decks against he feels favorable, are the ones that are very susceptible to disruption anyway like quest mage, and shudderwock shaman,
and still depends on what you can steal from them… and even then they never let you do the combo comfortably with mutanus and objection…
I hate rogue class but TBH i fell in love with pirates after playing this deck, because it has everything i like, presence at the board and disruption…

Well I’m glad you like it. I’m done with this game for the time being.
I think it’s busted beyond repair.

You dont sound very excited Mallen but i dont care, i really wanted to share my list with the community…
I perfected it in my movil this morning, and gave me a good laughs, the cartoonists are a very good addition to reach the captain hooktusk faster:

Piratas

Class: Rogue

Format: Wild

1x (0) Counterfeit Coin

1x (0) Shadow of Demise

2x (0) Shadowstep

2x (1) Breakdance

2x (1) Dig for Treasure

2x (1) Filletfighter

2x (1) Jolly Roger

1x (1) Parrrley

1x (1) Patches the Pirate

2x (1) Treasure Distributor

1x (2) Amalgam of the Deep

2x (2) Parachute Brigand

2x (2) Ship’s Cannon

1x (2) Swindle

2x (2) Toy Boat

2x (3) Bargain Bin Buccaneer

1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard

1x (3) Cutlass Courier

1x (3) Prince Renathal

1x (3) Pufferfist

1x (3) Raiding Party

2x (4) Caricature Artist

1x (4) Sonya Waterdancer

1x (4) Spirit of the Shark

2x (4) Watercannon

2x (5) Sandbox Scoundrel

1x (7) Pirate Admiral Hooktusk

AAEBAZzWBg6FF/W7ApG8ArSGA+fdA76ABIqwBK+2BLLBBJjbBJfvBMygBYqoBpHmBg37D+mwA/afBIrJBNejBd/DBfylBq2nBsCoBuCoBvyoBrOpBsupBgAA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone