Blizz had been considering removing Classic for over a year

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1512575025169063936

But they decided to continue letting you buy packs and not announcing it until a week before it was canned.

Remember this next time you give them your money.

13 Likes

Im going to continue giving them my money, $240 a year to be exact

1 Like

Meaning ‘never’, especially for those who’ve never done it in the first place and haven’t been planning on it? :grinning:

PS Twitter link not even readable, so it would’ve been nice of you to paste the text or something like it.

1 Like

Yeah, and they let people sink money and gold into Mercs knowing full well they were abandoning it. And the Blizz Overwatch team knew they were scraping a huge amount of promised content but held off announcing so people would still buy cosmetics.

3 Likes

Anyone who thought the pve content promised was coming after the OW “2” patch released without any of it is ignorant.

1 Like

It’s a tweet from the former Game Director Dean Ayala dated April 8th, 2022. The text reads:

we’ve been talking about shifting classic to a format like this instead of being just classic
real consideration here and not just discussion

1 Like

odd im sure i used to be able to read tweets without an account

ANd now you can’t. Read some news and you will learn about why.

1 Like

Odd

Don’t you read the news while you’re trying your best to be condescending?

2 Likes

I hope Microsoft fires all the top brass at Blizzard once they finalize the acquisition.

Presidents, VPs and heads of departments and divisions at Blizzard, I middle-finger salute you!

I can’t think of such a “next” time with the current status of Blizzard. They suck so much right now.

It was pretty clear that the PVE was not going to happen. Overwatch 2 was just Blizzard way of Milking as much money from players for items that were pretty much already in the game that were earnable just by playing.

So all the coin that anyone had saved up became useless, as they were turned into legacy coin which gets you none of the skins that you were about to use 1k coin on. Now you have to spend real money $24 for skins that use to be 1k coin.

I bought the first battle pass and that was the last time I put any money into the game.

you dont have all cards??? why?

You don’t have 1000USD+ for every extension? (1000$ is minimum for 90% cards)
Activision-Bli$$ard TM

2 Likes

why do you want all the cards ? i never regreted not having mana storm or duskfallena aviana

You mean to tell me that the company that made a whole new game as a cash grab promising PVE and then cancelling it when they got off the spotlight .aka the cash grab wasn’t really grabbing anymore, would do something like this?

Sounds like blasphemy to me.

1 Like

this time we knew since over a year ago ayala on his Q&A 42

he told us the were going to replace classic and they just hadnt decided yet what to replace it with
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/uf25gs/deans_qa_recap_42_classic_format_replacement/

Yeah I’m sure everyone saw that random Reddit post on a website with significantly less reach and they didn’t intentionally not make an official announcement earlier.

1 Like

it was one of ayala Q&A on twitter which were then summarized and posted on reddit and out of cards

there was nothing random about that reddit post and im sure it had more reach than HS patch notes

And yet no official announcement, and a ton of people caught by surprise somehow because of the lack of official announcement. Curious.

1 Like