Blatant cheating

I’m saying this discussion is built around nothing, not “the people are nothing”.
And since we are still discussing about nothing, I’ll stop here.

If you want, start a new thread with your thesis, so other people can join the conversation; this thread was about Nellie, not about f2p problems

/facedesk
This pattern happens all too often: tangent created, then get upset when their “points” are disproven, then leave and point out the conversation isn’t what the thread is about. Of course the thread is about the people abusing the exploit! But we can’t keep the focus on that, can we! Then the company would have to address the fact it was done at a tournament they broadcast worldwide!

1 Like

there was no point to begin with, that’s why I suggested you to make a new thread with clear points.

If I have to summarize what we are discussing:

1. f2p don’t have dust to make meta decks
  2. me: I have enough dust to make any deck I want right now, I am f2p
  3. you: not every f2p is like you
  4. me: you are right, the last expansion I skipped a whole month and I still made enough gold to play the game
  5. you: there are people who played even less than you
  6. me: if they exist, they probably care less than me about playing meta decks, so they don’t need dust; if they want to play meta decks they should play the game more often and they will end up with more gold than me

You see why it’s not going anywhere? We are discussing about what exaclty?

Derailing: successful

1 Like

I should hav included " inevitable gaslighting" in there.

People can literally set their clocks to this.

Naturally. Note how desperately the focus wants to be kept off the fact this exploit was employed at a tournament in front of the entire world, and they STILL haven’t addressed it.

All the company’s horses and all the company’s men, can’t handwave their poor coding (and not fixing it) away again.

That’s horrible. Do you have a link to a video of this? I’d love to see it.

Thanks. I can’t believe they did not shut that match down. That game absolutely turned on that disconnect and from that point forward, Sabito was in such a defensive position there was no way for him to come all the way back.

Yes, it’s Blizzard’s fault for allow this bug to fester. But it’s also the fault of players who are using the affected cards with the knowledge that they can force a disconnect. That’s completely dishonorable. That said, I don’t think you can know for sure what’s in that player’s mind at the time he played the card, so it’s hard to suggest he should be sanctioned. But I find it utterly disgraceful that Blizzard hasn’t temporarily deactivated these cards. People are absolutely exploiting this and it’s disgusting.

Had it occurred right when the bug was new, I would be inclined to agree. But at this point there’s no way a tournament level player can claim ignorance. Minimum, they should have forced a rematch and disqualified the card on the spot.

There was a time when professionalism and fair play were the minimum expectation going into a tournament. Now, cheating and exploits are sanctioned by the company itself.

Kind of reminds me of the Norzdormu + card animation exploit back in the day.

Approximately 730 days back, I would think.

I saw this thread on the first page, didn’t know it was so old. Kind of just assume the 1st page is all the last month. My bad.

Technically, the forums are infinite-scroll unless you are actively using the search bar. But either way, it’s not like the world will end because of this. It’s just a pet peeve of mine, is all.

I get that, old site I used back in the 2000s started banning people for necroposting they did it so much lol. I’m just trying to figure out wtf happened.

Accusing people for necroposting is something I never understood. If a forum doesn’t like it they should automatically close threads.

Theoretically they have the excuse “maybe someone has an important reason” (that might only happen on 0.0001% of the time).