Big hand punishments

Df was too powerful and would have been overpriced at 4 mana, I imagine that blizz understands the problem with paladin and prints a new draw card to replace df

2 Likes

4 Mana draw 3 overpriced?

That was the average result.

The highroll potential was way too high, 3 mana for 7 cards is rage inducing at best

1 Like

Finding gloves that fit is pretty punishing for big hands.

ducks for cover

2 Likes

Well, good thing there is already a punishment in the form of having a less established field. A big hand can either be the result of card draw/generation, or flatout not playing cards at all. Card draw/generation costs mana resulting in having less mana to put things on the field, and not playing cards at all is obvious what effect that has on your side of the field.

Eventually this punishment is negated because eventually all those hand cards are going to find their way to the field, but until that happens, that’s your window of opportunity. As long as it’s not a disgusting OTK, it’s a fair trade.

Maybe but we are at a card game.

Sorry but make the game rage proof would also turn it into a vannila minions game because every time blizzard listen to it the community get worse towards it and you know that it is true.

That is why I not like that way of act towards said stuff.

The more blizzard accept nonsensical changes because of “rage” the more it will impact making future design worse and the community even less tolerant.

I’m not saying that it was hofd because of rage, I’m saying it was hofd because of the garbage it allowed paladin to get away with

1 Like

Damn right, people should be happy it was only HoF’d an not nerfed.

1 Like

But paladin only did get away with it when the other player hoarded to much cards either by deck design or bad gameplay.

I don’t see how someone not playing his cards is “bad design” control decks are a huge part of the game

1 Like

Yes and no. I agree with the HoF of DF, but I also think cards that make you significantly adjust the way you play the game/your deck are healthy in moderation. DF and Oracle were two of these.

Never said it was bad GAME design.

I said deck design (not even bad) and we as players have the the right to have cards that punishes X or Y style of decks despite of how much “rage inducing” they can be.

With that said HoF it also caused the actual scenario as a bonus.
So it wasn’t only something did with no reasonable reason but something with bad balance consequences too.

Also even blizzard already noticed the mistake and is just doing what they can towards giving paladin card draw without admit the fail.

I agree that blizzard messed up when they didn’t correct the pally card draw issue, i just believe that the removal of divine favor will improve the game in the long run

A future were you can’t play perfectly balance stuff because “someone not like it”?

Sorry I not agree.

Most decks in the meta say hello

1 Like

They say hello until when?

Until someone get salt enough to start a rant and some random people agree?

You missed the sarcasm in my voice

Oh…

Okay. We need sarcasm detector for internet.

How about this one.

Azalea Soul Giver.
8 Mana, 3/3
Paladin Legendary.
Battlecry: Your Opponent gains a copy of your hand.

Yeah I’d support a 7 or more threshold on a set of cards like the violet series in RoS.

So more or less regular statted minions in 3-5 range with " if your opponent has seven orore cards do X".

X could be any number of normal effects (deal 3 damage, discover a spell, draw a card, gain +2/+2, etc)

Midrange minion-based curve decks need some help, and this would be a good way to boost them as an archetype.

I’d also like a mechanic that triggers off of your opponent having unspent Mana crystals.

1 Like