BGs:benefit of 4 choices smaller than u think

Patent who anyone that did really read it should know that can’t really be applied here.

But of course read is a little too much work for conspiracy theorists.

1 Like

This assumption is flawed because the best hero choice is not static.

There is a reason for this, but your statistics make these heroes better than they should be. Insufficient data means they are losing bets enough that they are almost never chosen. They should be well below the average, not near it.

Did you test the staticistical significance of the difference? How does the magnitude of that difference compare to say tier rankings? It may be much more relevant than you suspect and particularly so if you had a better method.

Your analysis ignores too many very relevant variables and understates the benefits significantly.

You are grasping at straws. They literally went out of their way to file a legal document that has literally ONLY ONE PURPOSE: “no other company should rig games unless we allow them to rig games because we invented how to rig games”.

I don’t believe they definitely rig games by the way; you have no clue what you’re talking about if you have the delusion I believe things without proof; but it’s also nonsense having no proof on the other side in this case and be certain.

1 Like

Your understanding of their patent and patents in general is flawed.

In fact, you are the one grasping at straws.

Absence of evidence is certainly not evidence of absence; however, as others have noted, we have access to a massive library of data that would have shown anomalies if something was amiss in their match making system.

Are you familiar with how Magic online was busted for rigging their hand draw?

The article is here: I analyzed shuffling in a million games : r/MagicArena (reddit.com)

I can tell you with great certainty that similar analysis has been done on Hearthstone’s match making without finding significant results.

1 Like

Magic Online is from 2002 and that study happened 18 years later so how are you sure someone did it for Hearthstone too?

Assuming “someone probably did it” is not proof either.

Also proof of someone similar rigging games isn’t so supporting of others …not doing it.

1 Like

By the way also: from what I can read from their conclusions (I’m not going to read deeply all the ~20 pages of that): they appear to mainly talk of rigging(or “rigging”) based on the type of deck, but I’m mainly thinking of rigging based on who bought something in the shop. The study I have in mind is exceptionally hard to be done because I get the impression only Blizzard has good data on that (unless the API third parties have access to (a basic log I heard?) has easy access to that at least indirectly(e.g. at least whoever bought certain portraits?) but I doubt it).

First, all of the data is in the public domain and people look at it all the time. I have done my own small checks at different points and found nothing amiss that would prompt a larger investigation.

But to your point, the article I linked was in response to a previous study that did not find any issues with the shuffle in game.

The game was not rigged, the shuffler was made in a way to normalize lands in your hand to have better games. The study proved it was not random.

The take away from your reply is that evidence does not interest you because you are just here to complain.

1 Like

Nice projection. I don’t even believe their rig games for certain. I mainly question those who shout “it is certain they don’t!” when Activision has literally gone out of their way to file an official patent on rigging games.

1 Like

This is a gross misrepresentation of the patent. All the rest of your position is rooted in a false premise and misunderstanding of what they patented and how patents work.

But the short answer for you is if you never pay them your games will never be rigged.

Are you trying to fool little children here? You conveniently deleted that I don’t even believe they definitely rig games.

Is so easy to “win” when you speak to the imaginary strawman isn’t it?

1 Like

There is no use arguing with the “It’s Rigged” club. Their definition of “rigged” is everything that happens that doesn’t go their way = rigged.

2 Likes

Can anyone post this patent?

Again.
Read the document.

1 Like

This will not help.

These people are immune to facts that undermine their position. It is a faith based belief rather than a rational one.

If you are describing yourself as a child, then I guess that is what you would take away.

I did not.

I pointed out that any belief you might have is rooted in a false premise that rises from misunderstanding their specific patent and patents in general.

Is the straw man with us now? Can anyone else see it?

1 Like

I am unfamiliar with this concept. I have never seen any pulldowns in the threads here used to hide spoilers of sorts. I’d truly love an example if you wouldnt mind indulging me? Im honestly coming across this concept for this forum for the first time because of your post. lol. Ive seen others where they black out bars of text forcing someone to highlight the bars of text to reveal what is written under the bars. But I havent seen any such techniques used here before.

It works like this

click on me

The little widget icon (used to represent settings) in the menu bar. Then click, hide details. Fill out the part in quotes with what you want to be visible. Then fill in everything else between the two sets of brackets with your hidden text.

2 Likes

Oh snapple caps.

Summary

Oh wow. I didnt read that as a Command TO Hide Details, but more like a help or about menu pulldown with only one option “details” and the current setting has them set to Hide.

Very neat. Never seen this before here as far as I know tho.

Wow, people are really hostile to attempts to provide analysis.

What’s the spread in average placement?

My general take is that, especially with quests and spells in the mix, hero choice matters a lot less because everything is swamped out by the rng of quests. But then we’d predict a small spread in average placement between the worst and best heroes.

1 Like

“but it’s not exactly tailored for all Hearthstone subgames” is just a cope; it doesn’t matter; it’s very close already.

1 Like