BGs: Let's fix the Meta

Just me theorycrafting. I know Blizzard doesn’t read these forums or take any of our suggestions seriously. Just thought I’d share some ideas on how to fix the meta. Let me know what you think. :slight_smile:

Few ideas how to fix the Meta as it stands:

Elementals:

-Completely remove Party Elemental

I gotta admit, just removing this one card by itself could solve almost all balancing issues with this stupid Tribe. It’s gotta be the most broken card in BGs right now. Tier 2 with unlimited value.

Pirates:

I feel like Pirates have way too many Cheese cards: Sell for 3 Gold, Tavern Cost -1, Duplicate the Card you Destroy. The problem is none of these really benefit the Tribe itself.

- South Sea Captain turns into: Gives all Pirates +1/1, no longer passive.

Im tempted to say also get rid of Nat Pagle or at least move his effect to another Tribe.

Dragons

Dragons are so close to being a decent Tribe. Their biggest problem right now is the fact they fall off so quick as they only have so few buffing cards Cobalt and Twilight. The rest are very late and/or very conditional. I wouldn’t suggest anything too drastic just:

- Herald of Flame does 4 damage instead of 3 for Overkill.

I feel like this dude just needs to be a little stronger. Nothing too big.

Beasts

I think Beasts are pretty decent right now. Especially their late game.

• No change.

Demons

This is a fairly tough one, in my opinion, as On paper these guys are pretty tough but in reality they rely very heavily on Juggler. The problem is in the current Meta, You could have an entire football team of Jugglers and they still wouldn’t matter much because 3 damage only goes so far against a 40/300 Molten Rock.

- Siege Breaker now does 1 damage to all minions the upon taking damage.

Rather than its measly +1 attack to all Demons which is a fairly weak passive for a tier four, arguably the worst passive. This would also stack with Imp Mama.

Machines

Machines are pretty tough as they really arent that bad. But I feel like they need a slight nudge to make them a little more relevant. Nothing too big, just a… tiny nudge.

• Iron Sensei now buffs the left-most mech.

I always disliked Iron Sensei. 2/2 just isnt a great buff to take a precious slot for a measly 2/2 mech that throws out it’s buff randomly. Possibly landing on something that isn’t long for your deck. If you could trade that randomness for a more focused buff at the exchange of bad positioning. I think it’s fair.

Murlocs

All good here.

Heros

With the introduction of Ragnaros, Al’akir, Chav and many other unbalanced Heros, they overshadow other older heros by quite a margin. To the point where you just want to concede if you’re forced to pick it because you just know your odds of winning are very low picking them. Few idea of mine:

Rakanishu: 2 Gold for Hero Power OR
3 Gold but you can target the buff OR
** 3 Gold, Still Random, but Only can Land on Elemental.**

Elise: Completely remove her from the game. Why does she exist? She’s awful. You are literally buffing every other Hero by never seeing her.

Ra-Faam:
Hero Power is now Passive.

Bartender: I gotta admit, I forgot this dude existed.
Passive Remains, However you can spend 1 gold to reduce it 1 further.

Illidan:
Also give left-and-right most minions Windfury upon first attack

Millificent:
All Mechs are +2/2

Nozdormu:
Refresh Costs (0) Equal to Half your Tavern Tier (Rounded Up)
So in other words at Tavern Tier 6, you can Refresh 3 times for free.

Patchwerk:
2 Gold: Incoming Damage is Reduced by Half

Curator:
Amalgam grows +1/1 with every Tavern Level

Akazamzarak:
Hero Power now costs 1

Rat King:
Cost 1 mana: Every Minion Type on a Rotation gives +1/1

At no point has sellemental done anything resembling balance whatsoever.

The only reason Sellemental is as broken as he is, is because it gives the player 2 instant buffs with Party Elemental.

Otherwise he’s just a Free coin or a cheap 1 health for Molten Rock

You wanna change some heroes that are good or playable ( millificent, nozdormu?, rafaam ?!!, patchwerk aswell). If there are 5/6 broken heroes they dont have to buff the other 30 , but nerf that 5/6. Alakir needs to go , lich king back to 1 and with only these 2 changes most heroes that are now trash become playable. However the really worst heroes need a change anyway : bartendotron, galakron, cobalt Queen and so on.

Elise is OK. Might need a buff. But you can’t change standard cards for BG. Create separate versions first.

Millificent, Nozdormu, Rafaam, Patchwerk are all terrible. Lol.

The logic is Blizzard doesn’t seem to be interested in nerfing heros and leveling the battlefield, Rag, Chav, Al’akir, all fairly new releases are still grossly OP completely shadowing older heros making them virtually unplayable in comparison. Since Blizzard doesnt seem to be interested in nerfing them, but instead making others better ( Patchwerk, Sindy ). These are my suggestions to do so. I think the Patchwerk improvement is just bad because increasing his his HP doesn’t make him anymore special in a game where you’re taking 20-30 damage from bad RNG.

Honestly I think Galakron is fine the way he is. I think he’s a super fun hero who has a good amount of Risk vs Reward, where the Reward can really change the tables.

Who is Cobalt Queen?

@CardMaster

Elise is the Kirby from SSBM of Hearthstone. She exists purely to take up a character slot.

Yeeeeah I know. The problem is these cards I view as the problem cards. I guess they could just remove the standard ones and replace them with a new card with these texts.

Bro rafaam is one of the best heroes in the game. Galakrond one of the worst.
It is something you can understand clearly when you get a high rank. However there are stats of all heroes online and they dont lie, they are based on thousands of players not only our experience. Nothing to say about the fact that new heroes are always stronger and they Fix them only if they are completely broken, that is what is destroying the game.

2 Likes

Which is why we don’t have divine shield poison murlocs anymore?

That was the meta then, now this is the new meta, first to create the best Elementals build is how you win, if you’re slow, don’t tavern up, you’re going to be left behind.

@frollo

You might be right. Im only going on experience here. I very rarely ever see a Rafaam in first. But as you say, he is near the top. Fair enough.

Taken from the fact that the Rag “fix” hardly did much to the meta. Yeah he’s not as stupid OP as he once was, he’s still pretty gross. The fact of the matter is there’s just so many heros out there that just don’t get any attention with any updates and I thought it’d be fun to think of ways of balance.

I still don’t understand why Elise is as bad as she is.

Majordomo. Free money from djinni. Free money from tavern tempest. Free buffs or free money from everything elemental. Also the only thing by itself in the game that buying 4 of equals two triples.

Gotta admit. I called a few of these updates. Lol

Wasnt expecting the Tess Graymane one though. I always thought of her as a sleeper hero. Basically the Anti-RNG hero.

Crackling Cyclone is the problem. Big stat tribes shouldn’t have access to divine shield naturally (as in, part of the minion).

Good point. Unless you get salty looter (T3) and that ripsnarl thing (T4) they really struggle early/mid.

I feel like Cycling Cyclone really wouldnt be that disgusting if Party Elemental wasnt there to buff it though.

Let’s be honest, Crackling Cyclone doesn’t get to 50/50 because of Party Elemental.

It’s cards like Domo, Nomi & Rag that do most the lifting there.

Hm might be a good point. Maybe make Domo T5?

Perhaps, although it is better to get Domo asap.

I see what you’re saying with Party though, it synergies with the T2 ele taunt (rock something?) very well!

Yeah I think Molten Rock is just as disgusting. I just think Party Elemental has WAY too much synergy for a tier 2 card. I dont think any card in the entire game has as much synergy as Party Elemtnal, especially as a T2. Then again thats the problem, Elemental just has too much synergy. As previously explained between Nomi, Domo, and PE. No other tribe has anything close to something like this, at least not until you get to T5/6.

It’s a strong T2 card but to be fair it falls off heavily late game when you’re far better off having a lil’ rag, nomi or domo in it’s place.

Also quite often it will buff your cycle cards (sellemental, refresh thingy).

There is a place in BG for ‘strong’ cards. E.G Soul Juggler can be a nightmare for glass cannon builds (early murlocs, mechs).

I can’t help but feel there’s other areas in elementals that need nerfing more than Party.