Believe matchmaking system is not manipulated ("rigged")

I’m on an f2p account, as soon as I come across a Thaddius warlock, I’m always otk before turn 8 (I’m already at 14 Thaddius warlocks to meet). As soon as I come across an Odyn warrior, it doesn’t matter if he plays the 30 or 40 card version, he always plays Odyn turn 8. As soon as I come across a paladin, he always has turn 3 boogie down. Whenever I come across a sif mage, the mage always plays turn 1 Miracle Salesman.

And you want us to believe that on Hearthstone, the chances are 50/50, this game is 100% rigged.

1 Like

What you referring to is a theoretical probability of a coin flip and yes it would be true and you would be correct. Here we are talking about Blizzard Coin. :smiley: It does not work in the same way.

Thank you for explaining the theory behind a coin flip. However, how can we be certain that the developers of Hearthstone implemented this theory in its purest form? How do we know if they thoroughly tested it and can guarantee its 100% accuracy? Achievements in the game the developers may spend more than a year addressing, and that is a simple counter addition (1, 2, 3, etc.). Implementing a realistic random coin flip, on the other hand, is an exceptionally complex process.

Many individuals here often present a theory on how a coin flip operates, and once they’ve articulated their perspective, they confidently assert that Hearthstone operates in precisely the same manner, as if they were the creators of the game or directly involved in its coding. This declaration is made with 100% certainty, as if they have insider knowledge of the game’s mechanics.

there are studies and investigations, perhaps even governmental, on the transparency of algorithms in video games, I have seen various reports where through mathematical statistics on hundreds of accounts it is demonstrated that matchmaking is not fair, for example if you win two games in a row in the arena or duels and you’re at 2-0, the third match is against a deck that is almost impossible to overcome 8 times out of 10. Obviously we’re not talking about the millions of bots that make everything even worse, I’ve seen toy libraries with dozens of forklift PCs with bots and hearthstone spinning non-stop night and day, people with multi-accounts who have had practically infinite gold for years

at this point the problem of matchmaking is very secondary

2 Likes

Rigged = No official statement from Blizzard.

Not rigged = Official statement that there is nothing what manipulate the game or that Blizzard has other mathematic rules.

To say nothing = possible avoiding to brake the law?

Can you provide a link to Official statement?

I have not played for 2 days using the highlander priest where I mention before the matchups are manipulated and I get mostly plague DKs. 3 more games today at diamond 5, here we go again:

1. Not a plague DK
  2. Plague DK
  3. Plague DK

Unless anyone will provide factual evidence besides saying to play 1000 games to look at statistics or the game is not rigged 100%, I don’t have any evidence but you need to just trust me, NOW - I am even more convinced that it does look at my deck and the game engine knows about highlander deck and gives me matches based on that as well not only my MMR. Earthen Paladin deck paying at diamond 5 a few games in and not one Plague DK.